“Great location…FREE breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Great location…FREE breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel has easy access to all the attractions (Disney World, SeaWorld, Universal) and easy to get to highways in order to drive to the beach. The staff is very friendly and Vincent (front desk) even made sure we went to the "right" beach with his fantastic recommendation of Clearwater Beach. The breakfast has both hot and cold options with a lot of variety. The only drawback is our room was a bit dank smelling, but nothing to complain about really. We found the hotel to be very quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked the family suite. 2 flat screen tv's give us parents freedom! Ask for an upper floor room as the flooring/walls let noise in. Pool was clean and heated. Towels by the pool. Jacuzzi water was not as clean. Elevators always available. Complete breakfast. Refrig+microwave useful for late night snackin'. Bathrm clean. Basic toiletries. Working a/c. Really nice front desk staff and breakfast area workers. Guest were from different nationalities.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnGoesTo
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

There are several Holiday Inn Express hotels in the Orlando area, but by far this is the best one! We loved it! It was clean, quiet, and recently renovated. New paint, carpeting, bedding, linens, nice decor.

Breakfast was ample and fully stocked with the staff replenishing it every 15 minutes. Pancake maker, eggs, sausage/bacon, biscuits & gravy, large selection of breads and muffins, with fresh fruit every morning.

Pool and hot tub were clean and heated. We stayed Thurs-Mon and were the only ones ever in the pool area. Fresh towels were always stocked by the pool, not hidden behind the front desk like in some hotels.

Walmart Supercenter - the busiest one in all of Florida with huge supply of Disney clothes/merchandise - is a block away.

Orbitz sent us a cheaper rate right after I booked it and HIE gave us our first night free and matched the rate.

Hotel is set back from the road, no road noise.

Nice game room (inside) and play area with slide (outside) for kids.

We will be staying there again in Jan 2014!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (4th) and it was very quiet. Elevators were fast and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kipper c
Morrow, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place - just slightly off the beaten path - we stay here on trips to Port Canaveral to take cruises so my husband can play golf at one of Orlando's great courses. This place is always clean, always a good deal and have everything we need. They always let me have a slightly later check out while I cruise the internet in their private web room waiting on hubby to return from the links - the rooms are large, the bathrooms are large and we always like the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy T
Hilton Head
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

My favorite hotels to stay are Holiday Inn Express'. They're relatively smaller hotels with a great complimentary breakfast with nice clean rooms. My wife, 17 month old son and I stayed here because the hotel was close proximity to the Magic Kingdom (specifically Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party). We did arrive about 15 minutes before there 3pm check-in time and there was a large group already checking in. I was acknowledged by 1 of the 2 GSR's at the front desk. I patiently waited approximately 7-10 minutes (a group of about 15) and I was asked for the name on my reservation. I found 1 think a little odd. The morning of before leaving home in South Carolina I noticed my debit card was already charged for the full amount. Which is odd because I booked through the employees website and they never charge my card beforehand. Upon arrival I asked the GSR and she mentioned all cards were charged because they were switching CC systems. In my opinion they should have contacted their guests to notify them of this charge. Luckily this was the same card I used for my stay and I had the funds available at the time of charge. I was notified my room was not yet ready, which is fine, we were starving and ready to find nearby food. As I went to leave we were notified the room was in fact ready! A welcomed surprise.

We had a room with 1 king bed, the room also has a large desk/table combo with a fridge and microwave as well. The walls are super thin. I felt bad for the guests around us since our 17 month old boy isn't the best staying in hotels. The guest beside me didn't really bother me. I could hear their conversation pretty clear in the morning. The room also has an out-dated tv. The channels they do have aren't very clear. The tv didn't bother me since we weren't in Orlando to watch television, but I'm sure other guests might complain. The morning breakfast was great as with all the Holiday Inn Express'. My personal favorite are the cinnamon rolls. One minor complaint is they don't have flavored creamer for their coffee as other Holiday Inn Express' have. Again, not a major complaint, I simply like flavored coffee, :).

This hotel is approximately 10-15 away from Disney World and about 10 minutes from Downtwn Disney. Easy to find, you literally make 2 lefts and you're there!

One other minor complaint I have is our first night is was about 8:30pm, we just arrived home from eating dinner with family at the Cheesecake Factory and I asked the GSR if my son could have a "carton" of milk. She then had a 15 second conversation with who I believe was a housekeeper and I was told, "the machine is being cleaned and unable to give you milk at this time." She then mentioned the gas station at the corner of the street.

Again, these are a few minor complaints, nothing major. If you're looking for location, this is a great choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Andrew H,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our location. However, we apologize for letting you down on some aspects of your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here one night because I did not want to go back to Gainesville quite yet, and wanted a cheeper place to stay that was still close to House of Blues so I could hang out with my Orlando friends that night. I didn't really know what to expect from this hotel, because I usually do not stay at Expresses but I have to admit I was defiantly impressed and would love to come back in the future. The location is not bad at all, right off 535 and in between 536 and the Osceola Parkway (so easy access to Disney, I4, etc..). The room was very nice (especially for the price I paid) and the free breakfast in the morning was defiantly a perk. The front desk staff was very nice, and even helped me when I had a slight problem when I checked out. Overall I was very happy and surprised by this hotel, and if Im ever staying near Disney (and want to stay somewhere cheeper) I would definitely consider this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear BrowardGator,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and the wonderful comments about our hotel and especially our staff. We take great pride in providing outstanding guest service and I am thrilled you noticed. I hope you enjoyed your evening at House of Blues which is very conveienently located to our hotel. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed for a week while enjoying DisneyWorld and Universal Studios. The hotel is very nice, breakfast is excellent. The only drawback is that we did not have a car, and it is not within walking distance to anything except a WalMart. There is a shuttle provided, but the times are not always convenient. I would recommend this if you have your own transportaion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KobieCalgary
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear KobieCalgary,
Thank you for your recent stay with us; we appreciate the compliments about our hotel. We also value your feedback and I wanted to let you know we are currently in talks with a rental car company to offer this service at our hotel. We look forward to serving you again when you return to the area.