“Laila Ramdani was wonderful in helping us with breakfast.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #51 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were in a rush for breakfast and Ms. Ramdani made sure we had everything that we needed. We offered her a tip and she declined. Her loyalty to her job should be highly noticed, and all should exemplify her work ethics. Had a great time during my stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Adrian I
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us; we appreciate your comments and are glad you were able to enjoy some of our breakfast items on the go. We hope to serve you again on your next trip to the central Florida area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night while visiting Orlando. It is located 1 exit east of the Disney exits and is close to all of the restaurants you can imagine. The check in was quick and convenient and the staff was very friendly. The air conditioner did leak water on the floor, but that was a really big deal. The room was fine and we enjoyed our stay. They also have the free breakfast and free parking

• Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Jaysuhn12,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding breakfast and parking.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our air conditioning. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We moved in with a group of 30 pax, and the entire check-in process was very smooth, thanks to Vincent and all the front desk staff. They went out of their way to ensure that we got the rooms as per our requirements and took very good care of our group while we were there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Raj_Banerjee
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel was just plain terrible, bad smell, outdated and dirty bathroom, dirty carpet, hard bed and a AC system that made unbearable noises with a awful smell. This location stacks up as one the worst stays in my life. The sad part about it, located just miles from the entrance to Disney World. I will never visit this hotel again, I would have slept in my car if I was traveling alone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank recon1_29
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us; I apologize we were not able to meet your expectations and I appreciate your feedback. We will certainly use your comments to strive for excellence moving forward. Please contact me at the hotel level so we are able to discuss you specific issues and resolve your concerns.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our family booked a trip to Disney and stayed at this hotel. It is a great location and convenient to several Orlando attractions with easy freeway access. Victor at the registration desk was very helpful and set us up with a room that would accomodate our large family. In fact, Victor helped us with information about local attractions and went out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our vacation. Our room was clean and the staff accomodated us with room service needs outside of their normal routine. The entire staff as friendly, accomodating, and we will stay here again. Thank you Victor for all of your help!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked this hotel through Hotwire for a one night stay after a long day the Magic Kingdom. This is the second time we've gotten this hotel through Hotwire, although we paid around $56 this time and 2 years ago we got it for around $45.

It is a perfect 3 star hotel, clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. My sister, our kids and I checked in around 11 pm and it was a breeze.

The room was clean and well appointed. A typical Holiday Inn Express. My sister and I agreed that the beds looked more like doubles than queens as stated in our booking, but we were exhausted and it didn't really matter to us.

The next morning I asked if it would be possible to get a late checkout since the kids wanted to swim a little, and we had arrived so late. It was no problem, and we were given until 1pm to check out.

The pool was warm and clean. My sister said that there were no jets in the hot tub, so she skipped it.

The free breakfast was very good. They had pancakes, sausages, cereals, bagels, cinnamon rolls, breads, fruit, yogurt and more. Very pleased, especially since we usually get roped into one of the $20 breakfast buffets at the WDW hotels.

If I had one complaint it would be that the location is not Downtown Disney as advertised on Hotwire. It is nearby, but there should be rule that only hotels within the confines of the WDW resort are listed at "Downtown Disney Area". Downtown Disney Adjacent, would be a better description, although none of this is the hotel's fault.

Another thing I would mention is that I wish they'd have some food items from breakfast available for purchase in the evening. We arrived late and our kids were hungry and tired. A bagel, some cereal or even a carton of milk would have satisfied them until morning. Since nothing was available, and the local pizza shops had an hour wait, we had to leave the hotel and go to a drive thru for a bite.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here. If I could find this hotel in a similar price range to what we paid on Hotwire, I wouldn't hesitate booking it again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I made my reservations a month in advance and made sure they were aware that I was using Corporate Lodging for my pre negotiated rate. When I was checking out from my stay the front desk employee informed me that the management would only allow me one room per night for my rate and they we're charging me full price for my other room. I explained that they had a contract with Corporate Lodging and that they can't do that. I confirmed with CLC and this hotel should have honored their contract. I did not authorize them to charge my credit card and the employee became very rude and said they've got their money. He gave me the manager's name and number, to which I have called twice and haven't received a call back yet. I'm very disappointed by the reaction of this hotel and especially their front desk employee. Will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank blackjrb62
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear blackjrb62,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Lake Buena Kissimmee, FL. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M