Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Econo Lodge(Kissimmee)
View Hotel
All reviewsthin wallsthe holiday inn expresslake buena vistayogurtsea worldbreakfast includedother hotelsfront desk staffbasic hotelhot breakfastthe breakfast areastayed one nightan upgradedisney parkshot tubbeds were comfortablewalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I made my reservations a month in advance and made sure they were aware that I was using Corporate Lodging for my pre negotiated rate. When I was checking out from my stay the front desk employee informed me that the management would only allow me one room per night for my rate and they we're charging me full price for my other room. I explained that they had a contract with Corporate Lodging and that they can't do that. I confirmed with CLC and this hotel should have honored their contract. I did not authorize them to charge my credit card and the employee became very rude and said they've got their money. He gave me the manager's name and number, to which I have called twice and haven't received a call back yet. I'm very disappointed by the reaction of this hotel and especially their front desk employee. Will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank blackjrb62
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear blackjrb62,

Thank you for your review regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Lake Buena Kissimmee, FL. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed there for one week. The hotel is well located; just a couple minutes from all theme parks, including Sea World and Universal Studios. The room was clean. However, similar to other comments I read on this site, I confirm that the walls are thin: we could hear our neighbours even if they did not seem to speak that loud. Fortunately, all guests were respectful and there was not so much noise after 11 pm. The Internet access worked fine. The staff was courteous. Very complete breakfast. Overall, we had a good experience and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Very clean hotel and rooms. The best part of it was Jonathan at the front desk - he is born to do that job. He was very friendly and extremely accommodating. You cannot teach that to people as you must have those qualities within. While checking is in, he offered his own travel adapter to an inquiring guest. For us, he moved us into the perfect room when the guests next door were listening to their tv at a loud volume.

We slept like babies thanx to the great service at this hotel. The breakfast the following morning was a nice bonus, too. I've never seen a pancake machine before!

Overall, the hotel lived up to its three stars but the front desk went above and beyond like a five star hotel. An extraordinary customer experience indeed.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites (east) one night of our four nights at Disney, because one night was not available at the hotel we originally booked ( Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista). As soon as we pulled up, I was disapointed. In front of the hotel is a huge empty lot with overgrown grass and weeds. The side streets leading up to it are of run down looking souvener shops and the rear entrance to a Wal-Mart. I think we all know how shady a Wal-Mart parking lot can be. The exterior just looks a little worn and run down, and it continued as we entered. I checked out the pool before I stepped up to the desk. It was very small and dirty looking. Seemed to have some kind of mold along the concrete edge. Check in was quick and non eventfull. We definatley got the "Hotwire" room, or the room they save for guests they don't like. It was next to a public bathroom on the first floor by the lobby. Directly across from it was a video arcade room and a conference room. Our window looked out to the covered walkway to the lobby. We couldnt even open the shades, because directly outside was a bench, that always seemed to have someone sititng on it, smoking. The room was fairly clean but well worn, and was very small. The air conditioning was not cold, but a muggy, wet cool. The beds and everything just had a damp, moist feel to it. I asked if it was possible to change rooms, but was told there was nothing she could do. I had a hard time believing this since the parking lot was less than half full. So there we tried to sleep with our 3 and 5 year olds, with the sounds of kids yelling in the game room till 2 am, flushing toilets from next door, in our damp muggy room. Since we didn't get much sleep, we did manage to take advantage of the free breakfast. We got there just before the morning rush. Probably the only saving grace of this "hotel" Pancakes, hot sausage, eggs, very good for complementary. Our last 3 nights we spent at the Holiday Inn Resort a little further up the road. What a difference!! This place was beautiful. Everything seemed brand new and the room was twice the size. There are MANY options up in Orlando. This particular Holiday Inn Express has just fallen way behind and is not competitive with what else is out there for the money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shawn W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Shawn W,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is important in our continuous drive for excellence.

I am concerned to read that we have left you with a less than memorable experience. I am sorry to hear that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. Please allow me to apologize for the poor experience and service issues you had during your stay.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a hard time finding the hotel after we touched down in Orlando... Ended up getting lost but eventually found our way and got there at around 2 AM. The staff member at reception got us checked in quickly and we were quickly on our way. Although other reviews have stated that they had paper thin walls, we didn't have any problems hearing noises from other rooms during our stay. We had a quiet night's rest each night we were there.

The hotel itself is very well maintained. We noticed while we were there that staff members were painting the pillars outside the main entrance, just filling in spots. The staff we encountered during our stay were always very courteous and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet and felt that overall, this was a great value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple