WINNER WONDERLAND

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #41 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersBronze level
AssocDean
“Disney area hotels that work!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great hotel for the price and location! Traveled with wife and daughter and her best friend. Shuttle to Disney worked well. Walking was easy to downtown Disney. Pool and hot tub were great following a day at the park. The restaurant was a little pricey and ok. Easy drive to grocery for snacks. Almost like staying at one of the resorts.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello and thank you for the wonderful comments; however, I believe you are referring to a different hotel experience. We are not in walking distance to Downtown Disney and we don't have a restaurant on property. We are glad your trip to the area was a pleasant one though.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was looking for a hotel reasonably priced and conveniently located to Disney as my daughters cheerleading team was competing at both the park and sports complex over the weekend. As the team was staying on the Disney property I just needed something simple for me, technically speaking, I got exactly what I was looking for....simple. Overall I am satisfied with the price and location, the staff at the hotel are courteous and helpful and the hot breakfast buffet is nice. Overall the hotel is clean with a beautiful lobby and the rooms are somewhat clean but poorly maintained. The furniture in my room is showing signs of wear and tear with finishes peeling and scratches, dings and gouches which although not "dirty" gives the overall feel of sloppiness. The bathtub had a poorly repaired leak and was rusting at the base of the tub with the wall abutment showing clear signs of a sloppy repair job. The carpet was in need of replacement as it was threadbare and coming up in spots and badly stained.Strangely, even the lampshades were stained? Additionally, my room had an adjoining door something that if I had been aware of would have been a deal breaker for me but as I had made the reservation through Hotwire I accepted the arrangement. The walls are paper thin and I had a restless night as a result. Anyway, I got what I paid for however, I would not make a second visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank aem2228
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear aem2228,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your daughter's cheer competition; we hope her squad was very successful in the event. We appreciate you bringing your concerns of the hotel’s maintenance to our attention and will certainly look into this matter. We hope you’ll give us another opportunity to serve you in the future to see the difference we’ll make.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hotel had everything what we want. Breakfast was awesome . Staff made me feel welcome . Very Clean inside and out . We bought Disney tickets from the hotel which was great deal . We used hotel shuttle which was fine too. It saved me $14 each day for parking . Our stay was 100% we will be back .

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank AliyanA
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello AliyanA,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and the kind remarks about our hotel. We take much pride in maintaining our rooms and property to a high level; thank you for noticing. We are thrilled you will be returning soon and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This place is clean and comfortable. I was there during Christmas, very help full staff. They help all the time i ask for anything. The hotel was very clean. we'll be back soon. This is our second time staying here. from now on we will only stay here.Breakfast was excellent . there was no resort fee and parking fee i was very happy about it, help me save some money. we will be back during april . see ya soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank matt g
Dear Matt G,
Thank you for spending your holiday with us; we are glad you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to your return in April. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, were you able to try one of our signature cinnamon rolls; they are amazing!
Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon ~
Pompano Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were very disappointed with this Holiday Inn. After we checked in and saw our room and bed, we asked for a refund so we could find another hotel. They refused but we left anyway. I would definitely not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank choochoo123
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear ChooChoo123,
We apologize that we could not meet your expectation during your recent trip to Orlando; if we can address a specific concern please contact hotel management. We strive to provide outstanding guest service and will make it right.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stay at the HI Express for 5 nights over the New Year. The rooms were a little tired, but the rooms were clean and the maid supervisor stopped by each day to check the room and to make sure it was to our standards. The walls were a little thin and you could hear your neighbors, but we turned the fan oun at night and didn't have any problems. The beds slept great. I do have a recommendation that they change out thier pillows, they had pretty much broken down.

Now being there around the holidays made breakfast time pretty crazy. The employees did an outstanding job keeping up with the crowd and they opened an overflow room to help with the extra people.

The pool was nice. There were plenty of fresh towels and places to sit and relax.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room on the top floor. The walls/floors are a bit thin and if you're on the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HaFinkne
Hello HaFinkne,
Thank you for your recent stay and your comments; we are glad you enjoyed our hotel and your trip to Disney. During the holiday season we do get very busy but try our best to accommodate all our guests and their needs. We hope you stay with again on your next trip to the area.
Kailua, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Because we travel a lot we are able to upgrade, I had a huge king bedroom with a livingroom that had a small fridge/microwave/sink on one wall. The room was clean, the bed was not as comfortable as usual and the airconditioning didn't work. I didn't realize that the air didn't work until late when I went to bed and noticed it was 78 in the room. I turned the air down, it was quite noisy, and then awoke a short time later to 75 degrees, the air shut off and I tossed and turned all night until 5 AM when the air came back on. I reported it the next mornigng (was too tired in the night, but should have). The desk just said they'd check on it, I said I was leaving and that was it, no resolution on my bill. Breakfast was the usual, pleasant breakfast area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank lgatz
HIELBV, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear lgatz,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us; we appreciate you bringing the air conditioner issue to our attention, we apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the Orlando area.