Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #62 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed in one of the family suites and found it to be very nice. Plenty of room and 2 televisions. We found the beds to be very comfortable and the air conditioner did a great job and we all slept great. Very convenient location to the all the Disney and Universal Parks. We enjoyed the free breakfast every morning and found the staff to be very pleasant. My only complaint would be the rather thin walls. We did have to change rooms since our neighbors in the first room would stay up all night partying. Security requested them to be quiet, but the neighbors just didn't catch on. In the new room we had no problems with noise and enjoyed sleeping. We didn't have time to use the pool since we spent all of our days at Disney and Universal.

Room Tip: Family suites are nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
HIELBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Nancy2009,
On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lake Buena Vista East team, I sincerely thank you for your review of our hotel. We genuinely enjoy what we do here and love to hear about our guests' positive experiences. Our staff will be very proud of the work they have done to exceed your expectations. Best of wishes to you and yours and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am not a picky person, at all. A hotel is a hotel is a hotel. I don't expect perfection cuz in a resort area, it will never happen. This hotel, however, was a nightmare. We had 3 rooms...all the rooms were beyond small and had ridiculous amounts of mold growing up the walls in the bathrooms. I took pictures....soooooo no this isn't just my opinion, this was a fact. Anyone who wants to say this isn't fact can have the pics emailed to them!!!!!! The matresses were cardboard. We were supposed to stay six nights here....we gave up a day at the theme parks to change hotels....THAT SHOULD TELL YOU HOW AWFUL IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!! We always stay in Holiday Inns because no matter what they have been consistently clean.....We have now lost our faith. This hotel should be in the 29.99 a night range so people know what to expect:(

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HIELBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Jackie A,

Thank you for your comment concerning your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orlando - Lake Buena Vista East. Our standard operating procedure in a case such as this would be to immediately relocate you to rooms of your liking, and the rooms with any issues would have been blocked and not sold until such issues are corrected. Even though we are in a resort area, it is still our true intention to extend every courtesy and superior accommodation to each and every guest so that our guests keep returning. We realize you do have a plethora of choices where to stay in our resort area as there are many locations and types of accommodations to chose from. We work very hard so that you will choose us every time. I hope you accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations we strive for with all of our guests, the type of service and quality we pride ourselves in. I will investigate your comments, and address these issues with all departments. Please do reconsider letting this experience be the determining factor for your return to our establishment.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My headline is a fair statement.
You're in Kissimmee, Disneyworld central, this place does NOT have to earn it's business, it's literally pouring through the door.

That being said, the pool was pleasant, the rooms OK and clean (not as modern as many of the new ones...things well worn and oddly squeezed into "long" but narrow rooms), and in general the service level was friendly.

However, in my travels to dozen and dozens of these hotels, it was quite apparent that they are having trouble maintaining excellent standards here. Most likely due to the volume of business. A check in issue regarding points/reward credit for one of my guests was handled....poorly and ineptly by the check in. I politely suggested that she elevate the issue to the manager and call my employee back - - we were staying for 4 nights!
No follow up. Repeated requests (he would stop in to the desk each morning and night) were ignored or fielded poorly.

Pool towels --
went out to use the pool...found a HUGE MOUNTAIN OF DIRTYS overflowing the basket, but no clean ones.
Went to front desk, the gal says "I just PUT a bunch of them out there" and grabbed 4 or 5 more and went out to restock....and promptly set them on the table RIGHT NEXT TO/TOUCHING the overflowing dirty hamper. (no wonder....the cleans/dirtys are getting mixed up!! That's why you keep running out. Why not wheel away the dirtys? Duh)

At breakfast, the standard HIE fare....except for inept service. Each morning, between 7 and 8, the person "restocking" the little jelly packs and all would literally KNOCK you over or get right in the way - - basically making a nuisance of herself. Nothing was out of stock, mind you, she was just in an OCD way restacking them all to look perfect. A few times (before I had my caffeine) I was ready to kind of bark at her "BACK OFF BABE" so I could get my damn toast and sit down, ya know? :)
But I didn't.

So, no real complaints, just THAT kind of thing. Not what I'm used to at HIE, where the service is usually quite simple...elegant even for a limited service hotel. Not so here.

Everyone/management trying hard. Generally smiling, but this property is a bit rough around the edges if you're used to staying at HIE and enjoy their very consistent service delivery, prepare for about 60% satisfaction. Moderate expectations going in and you'll be fine here, it's clean and familiar.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sean J

Dear Sean J,
Naturally, we were disappointed to learn that you encountered issues during your stay. I sincerely apologize. We will share your comments with our team to improve our consistency in providing excellent customer service to all guests. Our goal is always 100% satisfaction or better, not 60%. We will continue to ensure that there are fresh towels at the pool and the breakfast attendants being a bit more conscious of when they re-stock the breakfast items. It is true, we are in a superb location, but we sincerely appreciate our guests choosing to stay with us as being close to the attractions does not guarantee people pouring in our doors. Thank you again, we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest once again, and until then, we wish you all of the best.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staff was friendly, but not very helpful. Free breakfast, but almost inedible. Watered down orange juice , Antiquated old 10 year old television, hard bed. Paper thin walls, lots of noise.
I'm a Holliday Inn Platinum card holder since I travel over 75 nights a year, but this is the first one I've stayed in with no extras for Platinum card holders. Never drink the water out of the tap there either. It all tast like sulpher. Very hard to understand any of the staff since even the front desk clerks spoke little English.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Izzy333
HIELBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Izzy333,
Thank you for your comment concerning your stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I hope you accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I am a little confused as we do offer gift bags to all Priority Club Member arrivals that include a bottle of water. We often get compliments on our “Breakfast al a you” and our comfortable beds. I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and considerations we strive for with all of our guests, the type of service we pride ourselves in. Please do give us another chance when you are in the area and let us make it up to you!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed in June for a weekend and went back again the beginning of July. We had no real plans but had enjoyed our first stay so much we decided go back for another relaxing weekend. Even got an unexpected upgrade the second time around. Thanks to the staff who were extremely friendly, especially Johanna and Rick. Even housekeeping were all smiles. I have no complaints and even have plans to return within the next two months.

Room Tip: the king suite is very roomy
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Lisa D,
Thanks ever so much for staying with us over the past two months. On behalf of our entire team, I sincerely thank you for your review of our hotel. We genuinely enjoy what we do here and love to hear about our guests' positive experiences. Our staff and especially Johanna, Rick and our room attendants will be very proud of the work they have done to exceed your expectations. Best of wishes to you and yours and we are looking forward to seeing you back with us again in a few months.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

The hotel was very busy until 9 am and then deserted until 5 pm ... in the 5 days we stayed here our room was not cleaned by 4 pm on 3/5 days ...we elected to just get more towels . The location was great to get away from the Disney traffic so we ventured to other non Disney destinations . Found several shopping areas and downtown Kissimmee ...wonderful and not crowded

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Furlough,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We know just how valuable your time is and appreciate your feedback. We understand that all of our guests have different needs and we do sincerely make it our daily goal to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I apologize that for you we did not hit the mark. We are glad you enjoyed your time in downtown Kissimmee; it is quite a historical quaint area with great shops and restaurants. Please try us again the next time in our area; July is definitely one of our busiest months!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Some of the reviews I read were a little bit off for me. I enjoyed staying here, it was a great location, the pool and jacuzzi were great, and the continental breakfast was very full. My son had a great time for your mother/son vacation and the people were very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tara H
HIELBV, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Orlando-Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear Tara H,
We sincerely thank you for recognizing the quality accommodations and service that you received while visiting our property. It was our absolute pleasure to have you as our guest and look forward to the next opportunity that we have to see you here in the Lake Buena Vista area.