“Nice, comfortable rooms”

Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites
Ranked #60 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Great hotel, was a great place to come back to after long days at the parks. Had a great breakfast w/ lots to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2011

Reviewed October 20, 2011

This is the worst hotel customer service I have ever experienced and it came from the general manager Heta. My daughter and I planned a trip to Orlando to take my 2 little nieces to Disney for Halloween. I booked my room well in advance and booked a room with 2 queen beds for 2 nights. We drove 6 hours to the hotel and when we got there we were told that we had a room with 1 king bed and it was for one night only. This is not what I booked and I had my confirmation number and iItinerary to show the front desk agent as I checked in. She told me that it was wrong. She told me there was nothing they could do for me and I asked her if there were any other holiday inn hotels around and she said she didn't know. She was extremely rude to me and my daughter and it was the worst experience that I have ever had. Come to find out she was the general manager of the hotel. It was very frusterating when you have two 6 year olds that just sat in a car for 6 hours and we were stranded in Orlando with no place to go. I cannot believe that the hotel wouldn't help us, wouldn't recommend another hotel or even try to help us.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Gatorgirluf89
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed here october 2010 during a visit to disneyworld with my boyfriend. I really didnt have any problems with the room except for the fact that we found a couple of bugs crawling by the foot of the bed. we didnt know what they were at first... they looked like dark brown/black lady bugs but flatter... we used a phone and googled bedbug and we were convinced that this place had them. we notified front desk and we were placed in another room. no problems in the new room except for lack of sleep!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank missjmeezy
Hiexpresslbveast, Director of Sales at Sunset Palms Hotel Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Thank you for your review. You stated you stayed with us one year ago yet you just posted this review. We have never had any reports of bedbugs at this hotel, and do not have any record of this complaint made to our staff recently or one year ago. We take pride in making sure that we offer clean and comfortable accommodations to all of our guests.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

My two teens and I stayed one night here and we loved this hotel. First impression was that we didn't like the outside colors. But the whole property was clean and did not show any signs of being in need of repairs other than the walls on the 4th floor where a child had scratched a long mark along the walls. They couldn't do much with that since the walls are wallpapered.

We were greated very warmly at the front desk. The gentleman was very accommodating and very sincere. He emphasized the hotel was "no smoking" which we loved because my son can have reactions to smoke. Our room was #422 which I highly recommend. It is on the end and oversees the pool area. It is a larger room and has two windows. It was not a suite but if you need space to store luggage, strollers, etc this is the room you want. I would assume that rooms #322 and #222 are set up the same way. The room itself was very spacious. The bathroom was large with lots of counter space. I prefer the sink being separate from the shower so two can get ready at the same time. But it wasn't any big deal for us. My daughter enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. No one really used it much while we were there. Not sure why that was. We had two queen beds. The bed, for me, was too firm. Pillows were nice, TV channels acceptable, we did not use the micro and fridge but they were very clean, the computer desk was bigger than the rest of the furniture and stuck out into the walking area too far. That would be my only complaint about the room.

The free breakfast in the morning was wonderful! They have a machine that automatically makes fresh, hot pancakes. Amazing! We had our choice of biscuits, sausage gravy, bacon, scrambled eggs, hot cinnamon buns, yogurt, cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, bananas (wish there was more fruit choices), juices (apple juice was watered down), coffee, instant oatmeal, instant hot chocolate, tea, milk and hard-boiled eggs. Sounds like a feast, right? Breakfast was crowded at 8:30 am so we had to eat in the conference room. Oh well, at least we had a place to sit.

I didn't complain about the thin walls (yes, you can hear your neighbor's talk but not what they say) because that was up to the people building the hotel to make sure they did something about it. If you have your TV on or have the A/C running you don't here them but they may hear you if their room is quiet. Just keep that in mind if you book here.

I do recommend this place but not for honeymooners (see comment above). This is a family-friendly hotel that is clean, comfortable and definitely worth what you pay. The location is just fine and is near to a Wal-Mart which we didn't know until we checked out. Happy vacationing!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank DessertsDivaFL

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your mention of our warm and friendly staff and wonderful breakfast. We hope to be able to host you and your family again in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my Mom, sister and her daughter. The hotel is quite clean and we stayed in a room that's quite comfortable and basic. Our stay was fine except that the breakfast was remarkably poor for me. The choices was very few. Biscuit with gravy that was really forgettable. Location though was a plus for us, since we went there to visit the Universal Studios.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I recently stay at this hotel with my fiance for 4 days and 3 nights. When we arrived in the evening I gave the front desk guy my name and quickly recieved my room key with no problem. The room was very spacious and clean. There was a fridge and microwave in the room. There is an very nice outlet across the street from the hotel and down the strip is plently of restaurants and shops. My fiance and I went to this area called old town kissimmee it was a nice little area with lots of shops, amusement rides and games and also on fridays and saturdasy they have people that own vintage cars or muscle cars park in this designated area and they do a cruise of the cars. Overall they stay was great and the only complain I would have of this hotel is that both elevator had a very bad odor some what of mildew.

Room Tip: Don't choose the first floor it can be very noisey especially the mornings since guest are havin...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Very courteous staff, especially Kelley, the rooms are attractive and so is the entire hotel, one big downfall is how paper thin the walls and floors are; we stayed in a corner suite (451, very nice room) but we could here people next door and down the hallway, and also people going down the stairs.

The breakfast is the main attraction here, very well supplied bar with excellent cinnamon rolls plus eggs, bacon, sausage, bagels, pancakes, etc.

If noise bothers you, you should definitely stay on the top floor for the most quiet stay.

Location is prime right in between Walt Disney World and Kissimmee.

Room Tip: Always choose top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple