We rented privately for our stay in February, 2013 from an owner (VRBO). We were greeted by a friendly front desk person during check in at the Club house and all went smoothly. We were given a gate access card and directions to the unit. Upon arrival we found the unit absolutely spotless! We couldn't have cleaned it better ourselves. We were in a second floor unit with a kitchen view of the pond. Very pretty. We had more than adequate towels and extra linens in the closet. There were some supplies left for us ( paper towels, toilet paper, bar soap) which was thoughtful, but we had anticipated a trip to the store. We did have a few issues, however during our stay:
(1) Our kids (teenagers) each had a pull out sofa for the week long stay. We never expected that the sofa beds would be as comfortable as a regular bed, but one was literally falling apart and being held together with a wire coat hanger. The other sofa bed wasn't far behind. The kids managed and luckily were pretty tired out by the end of each day and just crashed. I did report this condition to the owners after our trip and they said they followed up stating that the sofa beds had been repaired and new mattresses purchased.
(2) We had a problem with our A/C one morning and I texted our local contact person. Repairs were made and it was up and running when we returned from the park that day. Perfect!
(3) Noise from neighbors coming home very late from the parks(?) was a huge issue for us. Obviously, when these buildings were constructed they were very poorly insulated for sound. We could here the movie being played next door for the kids while we were in bed (word for word, night after night until they checked out. I now know every word of the Lion King!). In fairness to the management on site, we did not report this so I can not comment as to how it would have been handled. We just kept waiting for it to stop thinking they'll go to bed soon. Our own fault that we continued to suffer. Additionally, the people on the first floor were fighting one night as well. Priceless.
(4) There was an foul odor in the lower entry foyer coming from first floor unit. Perhaps their trash or maybe cooking?
(5) We're thinking that this is more 1/2 vacation/tourist rentals and 1/2 residential/year rounders. There seemed to be a lot of hanging around on the front stoop kind of stuff. Not what we were looking for in a vacation resort. We never had any problems, just a bit less than we expected.
Again, all in all it was an average stay. We received a great rate and it is minutes to the parks and shopping. Would we stay here again? No. Too many other places to give a try. Is it terrible? Nope. Nice looking buildings, pool/grounds are overall very nice, we didn't have a chance to use the pool area. We would just rather see what else is out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Runaway Beach Club, Kissimmee and Orlando’s best choice for families and leisure groups alike. These spacious and convenient accommodations are just minutes from the area's world-famous attractions, including Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, and so much more. Runaway Beach Club offers one, two, and three bedroom villas with full kitchens and living rooms decorated in Key West inspired furnishings. Guests of the resort can enjoy the two outdoor pools, a sun deck overlooking the lake, indoor basketball court, fully equipped fitness studio, business center, and intimate meeting space. Whether you’re visiting for pleasure or business, Runaway Beach Club boasts beautiful accommodations with added privacy and space in a location that is convenient to all that the area has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Runaway Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.