“average”
Review of Runaway Beach Club

Runaway Beach Club
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We rented a deluxe King Bedroom for our disney vacation in Orlando from the runaway Beach club. The price was high(we paid about $99 /night). The location of the hotel is far from the disney world. With regard to the room, the bed needs to be updated. They do have a pool for the children. Overall, I think it was an OK stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Runaway Beach Club for three nights and loved it. The location of the hotel is very close to everything. The two bedroom villa was a perfect size for my family of five. It was very kid friendly. The pools were amazing. Our room had a full kitchen, washer/dryer and the living room had two pull out couches. The rooms were very clean and the hotel staff was very friendly. It felt like home away from home. I can't wait to book our next vacation here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Erinboo008
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Ended up at Runaway Beach Club on accident after another resort in the area we booked was horrible. Runaway Beach Club is 1st of all in an ideal location if doing the parks in Orlando. We were all of 5 mins to downtown Disney. There is also a Walmart and Grocery store with in walking distance to the resort The room itself was nice we were in a 2 bedroom condo, good size living room, kitchen, and dinning area. Master bedroom was nice and master bath was huge! Second bedroom had 2 queens beds which worked out great for my brother and sister in law traveling with us. Room had a full size washer and dryer which worked out perfect since we were there for 2 weeks. Pool was very nice and they had a separate splash pad area for the little ones! Will defiantly stay here again!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank aemti672
Joel I, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the resort, its amenities and it proximity to all that Orlando has to offer. We are always finding new ways to better our resort and appreciate positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I've taken several groups to Orlando, and have always stayed here. The rooms are very comfortable with a full kitchen, dishes, refrigerator, pretty much a home away from home. The pool is ok, not that we ever had time to do much swimming anyway. It's not too far at all from Disney world or Universal. It's actually closer to Disney. Good rates.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Isidrobro

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us here at Runaway Beach Club and we cant wait to welcome you back. We are always finding new ways to better our resort and appreciate positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I chose this for a family trip because they are essentially little apartments that have kitchens etc...and I didn't feel like breaking the bank. It is not a full service resort with restaurants or room service but I knew this coming in. They do have a small tiki bar by the pool. The pool is nice and relaxing. If you don't mind being a few miles away from Disney and want a bigger villa style place with an affordable price this would work well for you. If you want a traditional hotel with more amenities you wont be pleased.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Travelforbiz2011

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the resort, its amenities, the value that it offers and it's proximity to all that Orlando has. We are always finding new ways to better our resort and appreciate positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in a 1 bedroom 1 bath ground floor unit towards the back. Very quiet area. Upon arriving we were very pleased with the room itself. It had a lot of space, and was very clean. Except for the dirty towels left behind on the bathroom floor. & it did take about two hours to get clean towels, since none were left. However, the unit itself was spotless clean. After settling in, we decided to go check out the Tiki Bar at the pool and have a few drinks (being the day before when I reserved this room I was told there is a Tiki Bar) well there was no bartender so the Tiki Bar was closed for the week!! This was very upsetting to me since I love to have amenities at the actual resort. I'm not one to go driving around at night for things to do when most resorts have some sort of activities on the property. The phones at the resort must not work...ever because getting a hold of anyone at the front desk is almost impossible. & the TV's (for those of you who watch TV while you vaca) were very outdated and hardly worked. All in all I can tell you this~ if you are looking for a place to sleep, cook, & shower at an affordable price this is a very reasonable place to stay at. If you are looking for things to do on the property once you settle in, go elsewhere- this would not be the place for you.

Room Tip: Ground units with the patios are very nice!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Joel I, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

I would like to start off by thanking you for staying at Runaway Beach Club. That said I would like to apologizing for your less than perfect stay. It is never our intent to have our guests have an unpleasant experience in any way while staying with us. I have also met with all my department heads and I can assure you that we are moving forward with activities and providing onsite activities for our guests. I again sincerely apologize and hope to get a second chance to earn your business.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed in 2 bedroom and 2 bath ground floor unit which was great! with a family of 7 we had plenty of room. Our unit was clean and nice to have a washer and dryer. Front desk people were great. Only problem we had was the people above running around at 1:30 am . We will be staying again next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wanda D

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience and cant wait to welcome you back. We are always finding new ways to better our resort and appreciate positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.