“Great for large groups/families”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Runaway Beach Club

Runaway Beach Club
“Great for large groups/families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I've taken several groups to Orlando, and have always stayed here. The rooms are very comfortable with a full kitchen, dishes, refrigerator, pretty much a home away from home. The pool is ok, not that we ever had time to do much swimming anyway. It's not too far at all from Disney world or Universal. It's actually closer to Disney. Good rates.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Isidrobro
Joel I, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay with us here at Runaway Beach Club and we cant wait to welcome you back. We are always finding new ways to better our resort and appreciate positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I chose this for a family trip because they are essentially little apartments that have kitchens etc...and I didn't feel like breaking the bank. It is not a full service resort with restaurants or room service but I knew this coming in. They do have a small tiki bar by the pool. The pool is nice and relaxing. If you don't mind being a few miles away from Disney and want a bigger villa style place with an affordable price this would work well for you. If you want a traditional hotel with more amenities you wont be pleased.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Travelforbiz2011
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the resort, its amenities, the value that it offers and it's proximity to all that Orlando has. We are always finding new ways to better our resort and appreciate positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Clearwater, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in a 1 bedroom 1 bath ground floor unit towards the back. Very quiet area. Upon arriving we were very pleased with the room itself. It had a lot of space, and was very clean. Except for the dirty towels left behind on the bathroom floor. & it did take about two hours to get clean towels, since none were left. However, the unit itself was spotless clean. After settling in, we decided to go check out the Tiki Bar at the pool and have a few drinks (being the day before when I reserved this room I was told there is a Tiki Bar) well there was no bartender so the Tiki Bar was closed for the week!! This was very upsetting to me since I love to have amenities at the actual resort. I'm not one to go driving around at night for things to do when most resorts have some sort of activities on the property. The phones at the resort must not work...ever because getting a hold of anyone at the front desk is almost impossible. & the TV's (for those of you who watch TV while you vaca) were very outdated and hardly worked. All in all I can tell you this~ if you are looking for a place to sleep, cook, & shower at an affordable price this is a very reasonable place to stay at. If you are looking for things to do on the property once you settle in, go elsewhere- this would not be the place for you.

Room Tip: Ground units with the patios are very nice!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth M
Joel I, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I would like to start off by thanking you for staying at Runaway Beach Club. That said I would like to apologizing for your less than perfect stay. It is never our intent to have our guests have an unpleasant experience in any way while staying with us. I have also met with all my department heads and I can assure you that we are moving forward with activities and providing onsite activities for our guests. I again sincerely apologize and hope to get a second chance to earn your business.
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed in 2 bedroom and 2 bath ground floor unit which was great! with a family of 7 we had plenty of room. Our unit was clean and nice to have a washer and dryer. Front desk people were great. Only problem we had was the people above running around at 1:30 am . We will be staying again next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wanda D
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear you had a pleasant experience and cant wait to welcome you back. We are always finding new ways to better our resort and appreciate positive feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Sarasota FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is SO CUTE on the outside. Nice lobby, great looking buildings, and at first glance the rooms seem fantastic. Great for a week at the theme parks, with full kitchens, living rooms, tons of closet space, etc.

The first room we were given had wasps and moths everywhere. The maintenance person (Josh - SUPER nice) advised the front desk to move us, as the nest was up too high for him to be able to take care of it during our stay. I didn't mind, as the room was not clean at all. The carpets were very dirty (not sure they had even been vacuumed before we checked in), the utensils and plates were dirty, the bathtub was gross, and there was something resembling nail polish all over the wall as you entered the unit via the stairs. The TVs did not work well.
Our next room was a ground floor unit by the pool and it had a private patio. This room would have met our needs perfectly (one adult and two children) if only the pull-out sofa had been able to pull out. Obviously it was broken and nobody has bothered to replace it. My son slept on the couch and my daughter slept in the king bed with me. Again the carpet was gross, the TVs didn't work well, plus the furniture was stained and the window blinds were broken so I couldn't let the morning sun into the room. Since the first room had salt & pepper I expected the 2nd room to, but it did not. At least the bathroom was somewhat cleaner in the 2nd room, and the water pressure was a little better (the first one was a trickle).
Check-in went OK; the girl who checked me in seemed to be new, but she was very nice and did her best. Her coworker/trainer talked down to her in front of me.
All in all, I would not stay here again. As nice as it was to have an apartment near Disney, a clean room is the most basic of services that any establishment should strive to be good at. This one failed miserably. :(

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mary_Mac
I would like to start off by apologizing for your less than perfect stay. It is never our intent to have our guests have an unpleasant experience in any way while staying with us at Runaway Beach Club. That said we have put a team in place to focus on all your concerns to assure that this does not happen again. We have also had any wasp nests that were found close to where you stayed removed and had the area treated. I have also met with all my department heads and I can assure you that we are moving forward with cleanliness, quality and value. I again sincerely apologize and hope to get a second chance to earn your business.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Bonita Springs, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We chose this resort because the usual resort we stay at was full. We have 3 kids so we like the space of a condo. We chose this place because of the kids water play area and pool. The kids did enjoy the pool area. I had read other reviews prior to selecting this resort. Our room could have used some updating but we are ok with outdated items but cleanliness and customer service are very important. Many of the negative things I read in other reviews were true. These things are what we experienced : creepy hair in tub drain, bottom of bath tub dingy, not enough drinking glasses or silverware, food on silverware and plates from previous guests, half smoked cigarette under nightstand, no one at front desk at check out. We were also surprised by a resort fee that was not disclosed when we made our reservation. It appears that the employees/cleaning service are not being held to a high standard or that management is not inspecting what is going on. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Fadayomis
Joel I, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I would like to start off by apologizing for your less than perfect stay. It is never our intent to have our guests have an unpleasant experience in any way while staying with us at Runaway Beach Club. That said I have also met with all my department heads and I can assure you that we are moving forward with cleanliness, quality and value. I again sincerely apologize and hope to get a second chance to earn your business.
tampa, fl
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My friend and I checked in for a fun weekend getaway. We were both disgusted by the quality of the two bedroom villa. When we entered the room, we were hit with a musty smell of some sort. We thought it would go away once we turned the air on. It did not. I felt as though I was having an allergy attack of some sort. The linens in the bedrooms were very outdated and not comfy. The light in one bedroom did not work. There was no dish soap in the kitchen. The bottom of both bathtubs were extremely dirty. Walls desperately in need of painting. We left after a few hours to check into a nicer hotel. We did get a full refund with no hassle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Mavis44
Joel I, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I would like to first start off by apologizing on behalf of my staff and myself. Our goal is to be your home away from home and we obviously fell short of that. That said we have taken all your input and made the necessary changes to prevent this from happening again. I have met with all my department heads and I can assure you that we are moving forward with cleanliness, quality and value. Thank you again for your input and we hope to get a second chance to earn your business.

Yours in Hospitality