“Highly recommended!! Will come back!!”
Review of Runaway Beach Club

Runaway Beach Club
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed 4 nights from 8/26/12-8/29/12, had 2nd floor villa with 1 bedroom, very spacious, vaulted ceiling and spacious bathroom! Fridge got ice maker. must provide own laundry detergent and dish detergent.Complete kitchen appliances(coffemaker and toaster, pans) and flatware; TV with dvd player too! Towels provided and expect to wash own towels although pool towels are provided. Pool was awesome! very clean surroundings and spa pool awesome too! Friendly staff. Coffeemaker was defective and got a new one right away! Cant complain for a reasonably priced villa near Disneyworld, international drive and Universal studios! Found this place from Groupon but can also book with them directly via phone and will be charged once checked- in.Very flexible with nights stay- money refundable if u leave a day earlier. With minute defects like wobbly ceiling fan and few stained sheets, I'd still highly recommend it! bring your own bedsheets if picky.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lohlee H
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. Your positive feedback about our hotel is deeply appreciated and has been communicated to all the members of my team. I once again thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of the best in service and hospitality at Runaway Beach Club

There are newer reviews for Runaway Beach Club

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was a groupon deal. I have had nothing but good luck with groupon deals up to this point, so I ignored the bad reviews on here. The unit was very big, however that's where the good of this establishment ended. There were hairs on the duvet and in the tub when we got there. The kitchen doesn't even have coffee or starter kits of soap like all the other villas I've previously stayed in. There were bugs in the kitchen and both the outside and the inside of the unit were in desparate need of paint and repair. I could have overlooked all these things had the customer service been decent. I left my treasured memory foam pillow in the unit. When I called the next day to inquire about the pillow the front desk clerk said he'd look into it and get back to me. When he didn't, I called again. He said he would call me back in 5 minutes. He never did. I called later in the day and got another clerk. She also told me she'd look in to it and call me back. She never did. I called the next day and got another clerk. He went to housekeeping and they told him they didn't know anything about the pillow. He suggested I leave a message for the manager that had left for the day (it was about 4pm - why is there not a manager on duty at all times?). Of course, the "manager" never called me back the next day. I called and left another message for the "manager" on the next day. With this message I let the manager know what the value of the pillow was and how disappointed I was with his establishments' customer service. I also let him know that I would be putting a less than glowing review on trip advisor if he didn't get back with me. So here it is. I am quite angry that someone cleaned the unit and made off with my incredibly comfortable pillow and equally as angry that the management did nothing to help me.

9  Thank Lydia K
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these types of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with Runaway Beach Club was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience. We apoligize that we were not able to contact you in a timely manner to inform you that we had indeed found your pillow as other guest had checked into that room and we were not able to enter that room until they had checked out.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

1. Water heater leaking in unit leaving large pools of water and mold growing on the walls. 2. Ceiling water damage. 3. Bad patch painting jobs. 4. Blender did not work and management did nothing about it. 5. You must bring your own towels from your unit to go to the pool. 6. Unit smelled profusely from the mold on walls and ceiling. 7. Had insects in the furniture biting my children. 8. Stained chairs/furniture. 9. Had fooseball table but no fuseball!!! 10. Carpet in terrible condition. 11. Rude staff. 12. Did not furniture enough towels in unit and hard/scratchey towels. 13. TV were too small for the unit. 14. Linens on bed were dirty as was fooseball table.

4  Thank AmyL4326

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these types of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your first experience with Runaway Beach Club was not a good one, but invite you to give us another chance to change your mind with Charlestowne Runaway Beach Club. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience. Perhaps you were staying with another mangement company on property as you noted pool towels were not provided to you and we here at Charlestowne do provide pool towels to our guest. We understand it can be very confusing for the guest of Runaway Beach Club who have checked in with another management company.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My family and I were at this resort from 8/10-8/12. Check in was very easy. The rooms themselves are great. We stayed in a 1 bedroom and there was so much space! Cozy living room area, however furniture is stained. Nothing major, but enough to notice. Unfortunately, when we arrived to our room, we noticed a major wet spot on the carpet between our bedroom door and the bathroom door. Apparantly the A/C was leaking. I called the front desk and they assured me someone would be in to make sure it was working properly. However, they did not have a different room where we could stay so we had to spend our stay with towels over the wet spot.The room was cool and comfortable so it was ok. As far as function, everything else worked great. 2 towels, soap, small shampoo, conditioner, and lotion are provided. As well as paper towels and 2 packets of coffee in our coffee maker. There was no laundry detergent or dish detergent (as we had never stayed in a resort before, I don't know if that is expected or not) so be prepared to bring your own. The grounds are beautiful. The kids pool was closed for repairs but the general pool is 3 ft in the shallow side - perfect for my kids. We wouldn't mind staying there again, as long as we can skip the wet spot in our carpet!

Room Tip: May have to ask for more bath towels, only 2 provided.
2  Thank roma1084
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

“We are sorry to hear about your inconvenience, and appreciate your comments here. We are happy that you have spoken up so that we may better our property. We will be working diligently to make your stays much more enjoyable in the future.”

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family was originally booked and paid up for Vacation Villas but when we got into Orlando (drove up from ft. laud) we pulled into Runaway Beach Club to ask for directions to Vacation Villas. Deneice, the most pleasant front desk staff at Runaway, directed us to Vacation Villas,,,,but when we got their the office was in closed, in darkness and had a sign up that said they would not reopen until Monday morning,,,,and it was Saturday!!!!! So we were so impressed with what we saw when we stopped for directions at Runaway that we scooted right back there to find out if they had available suites and for how much???? To our surprise....there was a 3-bedrm villa with a loft available for 2 nights and the price was so reasonable. Deneice hooked us up and when we got to our villa we were so happy to see how nice it was,,,ans the property itself!!!! We ended up forfeiting our money at the "other place" and paying for an additional night at Runaway Beach Club. Our stay was awesome,,,the kids loved the pool and the loft most of all with the foose ball table!!!!! Deniece you rescued our family vacation from a complete disaster! The villa was nicely maintained, clean, well outfitted for a family and all your needs with kids especially. We are already making plans to return next year for summer vacation and CAN'T WAIT!!!! Thanks Deniece from Pinder & Treco families!!!!!!! See yall next year!

Room Tip: Ask for Deneice
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicole P
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

It's always nice to hear such positive comments coming from someone who just happens to pass through and discover our property. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff to reinforce our commitment to taking care of our guests in every way! Thank you once again for taking the time to write a review for us!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Looks are deceiving-was happily surprised at first by spacious rooms, but cleanliness was questionable. Also had problems with things not working such as fan, hair dryer, clothes dryer. Shampoo, coffee not provided. Although 4 guests were registered there were only two sets of towels and no housekeeping. Properties seem poorly maintained: knob fell off closet door when it was opened. Washing machine was unbelievably noisy. Beds were not comfortable. Pool was open but kid's pool closed, outside bar/snack area never opened. It is confusing because you check-in at another facility half a mile away and then have to check-in at Ditka property to get gate/pool key. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

On June 22nd 2012 our Trip Advisor reviews instantly grew by four hundred guest comments due to a merging of our positive reviews with those of the previous onsite management company. Unfortunately, Trip Advisor will not permit more than one reviews account for the same location, so they merged all previous reviews, good and bad, into one account. We have received many calls from future guests that are very concerned about the negative comments that have appeared on Runaway Beach Club’s Trip Advisor listing since the June 22nd merging of reviews.

It may be helpful to explain what has occurred at Runaway Beach Club this year. Charlestowne Hotels became the new onsite management company on March 16, 2012 after the previous management company was removed from the resort. The previous company relocated to an offsite location and continued renting some units to customers. Unfortunately, when a company is no longer operating the services of the resort it is not able to fulfill all the promises and services as advertised. This has created confusion not only for their guests but also for our future guests who read the negative comments about the other company on Trip Advisor. Perhaps most distressing of all are the guests of the other company who have had bad experiences. We sympathize with those guests and hope that when they return, that they will stay at Runaway Beach Club through Charlestowne.
Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

If you want a great room with all the amenities of a condo at a great price then Runaway beach club is for you. The rooms are a good size and cozy enough to make you feel at home. The staff is friendly and accommodating I apreciate to Maria Teresa Carney, Art and Nickzander that take care of us with our reservation. Carolina Farme

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Carolfuntrip
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012