“We Loved Runaway Beach Club !!!!”
Review of Runaway Beach Club

Reviewed July 18, 2012

First of all, it is an excellent value for the price you pay !! One thing to remember is to make your reservations thru Runaway Beach Club, not Mike Ditka Resorts..with making your reservations with Runaway, everything is handled onsite...not somewhere else..Yes, one of the two pools was closed, but only for improvements, there was still another pool, and a hot tub, to be used.. They don't give you a lot of the extras..but enough to get started...because it's more like a condo, not a hotel room, you get a full size washer/dryer/refrigerator/stove/microwave/toaster..etc. so it's like being at home...and there is a Walmart, basically less than a mile away, so it's very convenient to go get what you need... Our unit was amazing...we loved everything about it !!!We thouroughly enjoyed our stay !!!

When our room wasn't exactly the one we wanted, the front desk was very accomodating... I would especially like to personally give a very big "Thank You" to JESSICA who worked the front desk the day we were there... She went above and beyond what she would've had to do to make us happy !!! I can't say enough about her kindness and patience... She is a definate asset to this company !! People don't understand that when you don't make your reservations thru Runaway Beach Club that you don't check in on site...THIS IS IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER !!! MAKE RESERVATIONS HERE/DEAL WITH PEOPLE HERE !!! Would definately stay here again and look forward to our next vacation with Runaway Beach Club !!! Thanks Again !!!

5  Thank Debbie H
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey about your recent visit to the Runaway Beach Club, in Kissimmee, FL. Your opinion is very important to us. We strive to create an exceptional guest experience, and your kind comments are encouraging. Again, thank you for taking time to comment, and we look forward to having another opportunity to be your home away from home on your next visit to the Orlando area.

There are newer reviews for Runaway Beach Club

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We should have known when we called to confirm our stay that we might be in for a not so great experience...especially when they said, "Did you read our reviews on Tripadvisor?" Our experience started with people complaining at the front desk when we arrived, then they tried to charge my card again after I had prepaid! They supplied 1 trashbag for a 2 bedroom villa, sure they brought more when we called but we also had to call for an iron, ironing board, more towels because in a 2 bedroom they only gave us 4 and then have it posted everywhere that you wont be given more...but they ended up giving us more, 4 more but nothing else, just towels. Not sure why they are so "protective" of their towels...we went to the pool and practically had to give my first born for some pool towels that were advertised on their website would be readily available! Sure after you go through the Spanish Inquisition! Then no soap, no skillet in the kitchen, we made bacon and eggs in a dutch oven. No coffee filters, the floor had not been swept, there was dried spaghetti on the floor. The dryer didn't work. One of the 2 pools was closed. The cabana that supposedly serves snacks was closed the entire time. Should I continue? If you have the choice to stay somewhere else...DO IT!!

8  Thank Christine C

Dear Mrs. Christine

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to hear that you were less than delighted with your stay. Please accept my sincere apologies. I have forwarded a copy of your comments to the responsible members of our team, and I assure that we have already taken steps to correct and prevent these issues in the future.
We strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for our guests, on every occasion. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our operation to better serve our guests. It is also important to know while you are on property that you are experiencing issues like these that way we can promplty correct them and offer you other alternatives and resolutions.
Thank you again for completing the survey from your recent visit, and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Diana Garcia
Front Office Manager
407-997-3656

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel was a awful start to our family trip. When we arrived to check in at the resort they sent us to a diffent location to check in, it was hard to find and located in a busy shopping center. When we finally got to our room there were maintenance men in our room, they didn't know were going to occupy the room. The hotel maintence was not wearing any uniform and were very creepy and rude...We didn't even know they worked at the hotel. The help drove around in there personal vechiles blasting music, we really didn't feel like we were in a resort but felt like we were in a apartment complex. We were there on a busy 4th of july week and they had closed the kids pool for maintence. Worst of all that night we were so tired and ready to sleep as we pulled down the sheets we found a huge blood stain on the sheets, we wanted to throw up thinking what else could be on the bed, if it haden't been so late we would have left that night.The towels were also not clean and had stains. The next morning we were ready to leave and found a maintence guy wating for us to get out of the room so he could do a repair. My husband didn't even want to leave me and kids in the room alone so he could pack the car, this guy was the kind of guy I didn't want around SO CREEPY!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

1  Thank smith1231
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Charlestowne Hotels became the new onsite management company on March 16th, 2012, when the previous management company was removed from the resort. The previous company relocated to an offsite location and still rents units to some customers. Unfortunately, when a company is no longer operating the services of the resort, is not able to fulfill all the promises and services as advertised. This has caused a lot of confusion not only for their guests but our future guests as well. Perhaps most distressing of all are the guests of the older company who have bad experiences.

We empathize with those guests and hope that when they return, that they will stay at Runaway Beach Club through the new onsite management and be able to enjoy a much better stay.

Since Charlestowne Hotels began in March, we have been constantly working to create an outstanding experience for our guests; and would love to have an opportunity to show you the results that can come from good rental management.

We are close to rolling out an indoor Café Azul, where guests and owners can enjoy their favorite beverage, and order a meal while enjoying a day at the pool. There are attendants at the pool area that offer a complimentary towel service, and a new kids and guest program is beginning, and these are just some of the new amenities that are planned: Movie Night, Arts & Crafts, Hip Hop dance classes, yoga classes, aqua aerobics etc. These will be based on availability and demand.

Again we are terribly distressed, that anyone’s first impression of Runaway Beach Club may not be a good one; but we would like to extend a personal invitation to you to return and experience the new changes being implemented and to assure you of the best in service and hospitality at the new Runaway Beach Club.

Please feel free to contact me directly; should you have any questions.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I arrived at last minutes notice after leaving a resort I would not stay at if I had the choice of sleeping on a park bench or there, I'll be on the bench (Club Orlando). I arrived only to find that the site I found the resort did not indicate I'd have to drive 2 miles to check in. I did not have a car since I was at a convention all week and took the weekend for my hubby and kids to come up. I originally booked Mike Divitka resort which is 1/4 owner of the resort and why the confusion is there. I would directly book through Runaway Beach Club trust me! I was able to cancel through them though and book directly with Runaway. 1 bedroom Suite was large enough for 6 people and was neat and tidy. I would say though that I missed not having a coffee pot ;) and the bed was not comfy woke up with a horrible back ache. If they upgrade the beds I would stay here every visit to Orlando. The front desk staff was GREAT!!! Art is an asset to them. Diana went above and beyond the call of a manager! Hats off to them both.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Wifeandmommyof4
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I just wanted to take this time to personally thank you for completing the survey for your recent visit to the Runaway Beach Club, in Kissimmee, FL. Your opinion is very important to us. We are constantly striving to make the best guest experiences. I am very delighted that you were able to enjoy your stay after a difficult start, but very happy it ended on a happy note and you and your family were able to enjoy aswell. I would have love to know that you were missing a coffee pot in the room, since all the rooms come with one; and we would have surely get you one.
Again, thank you for your valuable time and we look forward to having another opportunity to be your choice of hotel on your next visit.

Diana Garcia
Front Office Manager
407-997-3656

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I was very apprehensive about staying here after reading reviews that were very mixed but had two nights of groupons and added an extra night @ regular price. Very reasonable to be so near Disney and the other attractions. My daughter and her family were coming down from Baltimore for a visit in Georgia and few days @ Disney. We were very pleasantly surprised to find the accomodations large and clean - plenty of room for 4 adults and 3 very active children. We were there for three nights beginning May 14th. The only thing I would recommend is to make sure you get transportation vouchers when you check in if you think you MIGHT use the shuttle service. I didn't because I knew we would be driving but thought one or two of us might take the shuttle one day and never received the vouchers I was told would be delivered to our room. It wasn't a big deal because we probably wouldn't have used them anyway. I called before our stay to find out what was provided and what I needed to bring since it is a condo not a hotel and was told there would be one set up of detergent etc but would need to bring more if I thought we would need it. There was no kitchen liquid dish detergent nor any clothes detergent but we had taken our own so it really wasn't a problem. I was also told that we could wash our towels but would be charged if we requested clean ones be delivered. My grandchildren really enjoyed the pool area. My daughter and son-in-law were very pleased w/ it also and they stay in lots of very nice places.

Room Tip: bottom floor near the pool if you plan to use it
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Angela M
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies.

On June 22nd 2012 our Trip Advisor reviews instantly grew by four hundred guest comments due to a merging of our positive reviews with those of the previous onsite management company. Unfortunately, Trip Advisor will not permit more than one reviews account for the same location, so they merged all previous reviews, good and bad, into one account. We have received many calls from future guests that are very concerned about the negative comments that have appeared on Runaway Beach Club’s Trip Advisor listing since the June 22nd merging of reviews.

It may be helpful to explain what has occurred at Runaway Beach Club this year. Charlestowne Hotels became the new onsite management company on March 16, 2012 after the previous management company was removed from the resort. The previous company relocated to an offsite location and continued renting some units to customers. Unfortunately, when a company is no longer operating the services of the resort it is not able to fulfill all the promises and services as advertised. This has created confusion not only for their guests but also for our future guests who read the negative comments about the other company on Trip Advisor. Perhaps most distressing of all are the guests of the other company who have had bad experiences. We sympathize with those guests and hope that when they return, that they will stay at Runaway Beach Club through Charlestowne and enjoy a much better stay.

Since Charlestown Hotels began in March, it has been consistently working to create an outstanding experience for guests, and would love to have an opportunity to show you the results that can come from good rental management. Charlestowne is close to rolling out Café Azul where guests and owners can enjoy their favorite beverage and order a meal while enjoying a day at the pool. There are now attendants in the pool area who offer complimentary towel service, a new kids program is underway, and these are just some of the new amenities that are planned. Look for these other offerings to be added in the near future: Movie Night, Arts & Crafts, Hip Hop dance classes, Yoga classes, Aqua Aerobics etc.

Again we are terribly distressed that anyone’s impression of Runaway Beach Club may not be a good one, and we would like to extend an invitation to you to return and experience the changes being implemented and to assure you of the best in service and hospitality at the new Runaway Beach Club under the direction of Charlestowne Hotels.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were very pleased and satisfied with our stay at Runaway Beach Resort. The staff was very accommodating at check in, the Villa was fantastic and very spacious and the kids thoroughly enjoyed the pool area. I would definitely recommend for a family friendly resort and easy access to the main roads.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kim H
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Firstly we would like to thank you for putting up a review for our hotel and I hope you have enjoyed your overall stay in Kissimmee/Orlando. Our sincerest apologies for the negative experience on your visit to Runaway Beach Club and we hope you will afford us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I just stayed here from June 6-10th, 2012. The management has changed, and now you have to drive to an offsite office to check in, get room keys, or speak to management. The rooms are very dirty, ours had human nail clipping all over the chair in the MB, and the carpets were greasy and stained. The airconditioning broke, the refrigerator broke and was never repaired, the children's pool is closed down, and you are no longer able to use the basketball court without paying a fee of $15.00/hr. The rooms no longer come with any extras, meaning dishsoap, dishtowel, or even toilet paper. That's right, no matter how long your stay, you only get 1 roll of toilet paper. The once beautful resort is falling apart, with no plans to fix it. Do Not Stay Here!!!

Room Tip: There aren't any unfortunatly.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank AM3_12
John L, General Manager at Runaway Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

On June 22nd 2012 our Trip Advisor reviews grew by 400 guest comments due to a rollover from the previous on-site management. Unfortunately, when there is more than one management company for a resort, Trip Advisor; must merge all previous reviews, good and bad, into one account. We have been facing; many calls from future guests that were very concerned by the negative comments that have appeared on Runaway Beach Club’s Trip Advisor listing since the June 22nd when the reviews were all merged into one listing. It may be helpful to explain what has occurred at Runaway Beach Club since March 16th, 2012.
Please feel free to contact me directly; should you have any questions.