“the wow factor”

Vacation Village at Parkway
swansea wales
“the wow factor”
Reviewed June 12, 2007

Stayed here in early may for one week with my family and my family in law. We had three RCI timeshare A rooms and they were all wow!! A full size kitchen, large dining area and lounge , wonderfull master bedroom and balcony.

We have two small boys and we all slept together in the enourmous bed, but if they were any older they would have had to sleep on the sofa bed in the lounge, this would have been a nuisance but not spoilt the holiday.

We had no problem with the towels and we had a mid week clean as promised which we were very pleased with.

Location was good very close to the disney theme parks. Quiet within the accomadation and lovely pools easily walked to at the end of a busy day.

We would definately recommend this accomadation whilst in orlando , we left here for the gulf coast with freshly washed and dried clothes.

• Liked — the room was amazing
  • Disliked — nothing
4 Thank sukidsntravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (614)
  • Finnish first
Alaska
Reviewed June 11, 2007

My family of 4 stayed at the vacation village for 7 days. It was great. The Room we had was an A suite in building 11. I asked for a newer builing upon checkin and they sad they had to talk to the manager but I did get it. Checkin made me feel like cattle being herded in but went fairly smooth. Our room looked accross the street to the Arabian Nights. Nice jacuzzi tub in the MB. Absolutely no complaints on the room. Pool was great, very warm. Everything was very clean too. Parking was a bit of aproblem if you arrived after 9pm but otherwise very good. Eat at Joe's Crab shack if you get a chance, staff was great and kids will love it too. Vacation Village is perfectly located close to DW and shopping.

• Liked — clean, large room
  • Disliked — checkin
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank skins4ev4
Clearwater, Fl
Reviewed June 7, 2007

First morning there was a leak in the wall. The sound of drip drip drip is disconcerting on the first floor. They moved us up to the 4th floor. We were in a "B", 1 bedroom condo which was nice, moved up to the same. In the middle of the next night we realized we could not stop the air conditioner. We didn't know that it is controlled by the "A" side condo. It was 61 degrees in our condo by 5am. I had to open the windows and terrace door to let warmer air in. Unfortunately it was only 75 outside and we were right next to construction of their new building. They moved us to an "A" condo. It was great.

Stayed June 2007
3 Thank justinjoseph
baton rouge, LA
Reviewed June 3, 2007

I went to this resort for a week and loved it! I had side A all to myself. Although I expected a full-size washer & dryer, it came with a stackable. No biggie...worked great for just me. The check-in and guest services were great. I liked my sales agent even more and we've become friends. There was no pool behind my building (7), but it's not far away, right next door behind building 8. The full-size kitchen with dishes, pots & pans, is a huge plus. I made dinner for friends who visited. This was such a fun and convenient place to stay!!!

• Liked — the location is awesome!
  • Disliked — no room service, little or no housekeeping
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
baltimore
Reviewed May 17, 2007

my wife and i are owners at Vaction Village at Parkway. When we purchased this timeshare last year, we were promised a washer/dryer in our room. Upon arrival last week we stayed in Bldg # 1 where the whole floor has to share 2-washers/2-dryers. we feel we where lied to by their selling agent. The mid-week room service was a joke!!. They made our bed and left three (3) fresh wash cloths and towels. Their were 4-of us in room A. They never even stopped by room B - where our daughter and son-in-law were staying. When we called guest services to order more pillows, wash clothes and towels, it took 3-hours and 2-more phone calls before they arrived. The service was terrible. I'am considering selling my time there.

• Liked — room sizes
  • Disliked — housekeeping services
2 Thank rick4
Warren, OH
Reviewed May 14, 2007

We own a timeshare at Vacation Village. While not a fan of RCI, we really loved staying at Vacation Village. We had both A suite and B suite for my mother-in law. We were in building 2. Buildings 1 and 2 do not have washer and dryers in the A suites, but there is a laundry
room in the building. The pool was fantastic. A lot of people
complain about the noise of the pool if your room is poolside, but so
what, and the noise stops after 11pm. I guess if you are on a vacation to totally relax and get away from noise, you should ask for parking lot side. But it's Disney World, there are going to be kids. Besides, most hotel pools close so early and this one is open till 11pm. We found it very cool that after a long hot day at Disney and Universal we could come back for an evening swim. The other great
thing was the Internet room at the check-in building. Eight computers
with a laser printer. Free printing too. We had to print out our boarding passes for our trip home, this was very convenient. It was a
great time and a great hotel. Looking forward to returning in 2009.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank techteacher511
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 13, 2007

First off, this is NOT a luxury hotel. This is a hotel for families who are doing the "Orlando Thing" and as such it is a GREAT place to stay. We stayed 10 nights in late March/early April (Spring Break time). Our party included myself, my husband and two boys 8 and 10. The 8 year old uses a wheelchair but can walk short distances so we do not require the use of an accessible room. Our neighbors recommended this place to us after the Hilton "lost" our reservation. Boy did we luck out! After reading reviews here I asked for a higher level room facing the preserve. We were given exactly that in building 12. We had both the side A and B which worked out great for 10 days. We needed the extra space after a hard day at the parks to sort of have our own places to be :) The tub in the bigger unit was a huge hit after the parks! Having two washers was great too!!! It saved us a lot of packing space. The pool was great. Really crowded but the kids always had fun there. We were never approached about the timeshare sales, thank goodness!
For the price ($150 a night) you can't beat the space and convenience these units provide for a long trip to Orlando. It is close to everything. We were closer to Disney than some of the onsite resorts are.
The REALLY BAD: The towels and bedding here were so terrible though that I went to Target and bought our own! They really were disgusting and that was the one thing that keeps me from giving this place an excellent.

• Liked — Space and convenience
  • Disliked — The towels and sheets were AWFUL!!!!
6 Thank Barb L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
#26 of 152 in Kissimmee
Parkway International Resort
Parkway International Resort
#10 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!