First off, this is NOT a luxury hotel. This is a hotel for families who are doing the "Orlando Thing" and as such it is a GREAT place to stay. We stayed 10 nights in late March/early April (Spring Break time). Our party included myself, my husband and two boys 8 and 10. The 8 year old uses a wheelchair but can walk short distances so we do not require the use of an accessible room. Our neighbors recommended this place to us after the Hilton "lost" our reservation. Boy did we luck out! After reading reviews here I asked for a higher level room facing the preserve. We were given exactly that in building 12. We had both the side A and B which worked out great for 10 days. We needed the extra space after a hard day at the parks to sort of have our own places to be :) The tub in the bigger unit was a huge hit after the parks! Having two washers was great too!!! It saved us a lot of packing space. The pool was great. Really crowded but the kids always had fun there. We were never approached about the timeshare sales, thank goodness!
For the price ($150 a night) you can't beat the space and convenience these units provide for a long trip to Orlando. It is close to everything. We were closer to Disney than some of the onsite resorts are.
The REALLY BAD: The towels and bedding here were so terrible though that I went to Target and bought our own! They really were disgusting and that was the one thing that keeps me from giving this place an excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway