If we could have stayed in the unit on a 24 hour basis or in a newer and quieter area - it would have been ideal. The units were tastefully decorated, had a huge large-screen TV, a large Jacuzzi, many extras, and spacious. That is where it ends. Our bad experiences and disappointment over a well-planned vacation over shadows any of the good comments listed above.
We had bought travel insurance from RCI and had we known that the Hurricane Wilma effects were going to follow us, we would have stayed home and probably would have not lost our vacation. Our Governor had declared our area a state of emergency. We had been without electricity for a week prior to going on vacation. We had also for a week listened to generators, chain saws, and hammers.
Prior to going there, we had requested a quiet area. We like that time of the year because it is normally less hectic with school childen, quieter, and cooler , shorter lines at the Disney attractions. But coming home we felt tired from this vacation and not rested. It was if if we had never left the hurricane area
Physically, the developers used every inch at the expense of the owners and visitors in not having buffer zones. The many buildings form like a football shape, are 7 stories tall, have like a canyon effect so that the noises are like echoes bouncing off the buiildings even from a distance. The children's playground, BBQ pits, pools, sheds, etc are all located in the middle of the buildings and yo can't escape the noises. It is the loudest place that I've iver been to. Also, there is no privacy betwee buildings. It feels like apartments in that you can see everyone out on the their patios, talking on their cell phones and pjartially can hear them talking. My son sent us a video of us on the patio and thenoise was unbelievable.
The first place that they gave us was a view of the dreary parking lot, but it would have been better than the unit above the playground. There were huge lights on top of the building and tall lights on the playground that made our bedroom look like noon in the middle of the night. We complained about this and were told that the lights were a deterrent to late-night sexual activity on the playground. If someone moves chairs on the foor above you, it sounded loudly. I am a pool person but could not enjoy it because the building shaded it most of the day. This place is definitely not for honeymooners or adult-oriented people. The only two activities for adults were rained out and 1 of them was dinner. They seem to have no alternative backups.
Because of the hurricane people from Weston being relocated and others buying up leftover weeks; we ended up being very overcrowded, understaffed, and extremely noisy. Others from the hurrican area were bringing extra family members and mostly kids with them. There were entirely too many teenagers there for that time of the year. We did not know that there were other building in the back available and were given the impression from the people in the front desk that they were booked up, The people at the front desk were the rudest people I have ever dealt with in my 18 years of timesharing.
I wrote the manager a letter, handed it to him in person and he read it. He said that the management would be in touch with us. I have never heard from them. RCI said that they would give us a 20% discount on a future vacation that we would buy. I think that our vacation should have been replaced as I have read on this board.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway