Having just returned from a week in Kissimmee I was anxious to include our review
with all of the rest of this fine resort. We stayed at the Vacation Village Parkway this past
week and we were pleasantly surprised. The resort is very clean and well maintained.
We stayed in the newer building #11. When we checked in we were greeted by Jorge the
manager and our reservations were handled promptly. I asked to be in one of the newer
buildings, away from the pool area ( learned that from reading the other reviews before traveling).
It was not a problem he said. I also asked if we could possibly get an upgrade.
He was happy to put us on a waitlist as there was not one available at checkin. We
were assigned a 1 bedroom with partial kitchen. Very nice and it would have been just
fine if we did not get the upgrade. We checked in on Friday and on Monday morning
we were told we could upgrade in the same building that afternoon. The new suite
was much larger, it had a full kitchen, jacuzzi in the bedroom, washer dryer, everything
one would ever need. There was not an additional charge.
I also told them at checkin that I was not interested in purchasing a timeshare and
we were not bothered at all. They respected our privacy. We do not own a
timeshare and do not wish to.
There is construction going on in the area but it really did not disturb our vacation.
The only thing I could say as a negative point was that the suites are not sound proof.
The family above us were very noisey, moving furniture around at 11pm at night.
After this went on for atleast an hour I did call the front desk and explained to them the problem
at which they said they would let security know and they would take care of it.
Within a half hour everything was quiet and the last night of our vacation was nice and peaceful.
They had express checkout in our lobby, it was simple we just gave our name and turned
in the key and were told to have a safe trip home. All in all, I would recommend this
resort to anyone traveling to the Disney area that would like a bit extra room and comfort.
Sure beats staying in a hotel room. And the price was GREAT!!! Didnt have to attend
a sales talk or anything. If one does their homework you can find great deals.
We would definately stay here again and recommend it to our family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Vacatia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway