What a pleasant surprise! We are regular visitors to Disneyworld (7-8 times a year). Since we usually look for good deals or book through Priceline, we have experienced good, bad, and ugly.
Booked a 2 bedroom unit which ended up being far more than we needed, about 1500 sq ft. It's essentially 2 units with a common hallway door. A and B units can be completely isolated, or leave the inside doors open and move around between the units in privacy. Great for large families or even sharing with another family - everyone can have their privacy!
Unit A has a full kitchen, dining area, jacuzzi tub, and huge living room. Unit B has a kitchenette and smaller (but very adequate) living area. Both units have washer / dryer, oversized double vanity bathrooms, TV and DVD player in the living room, TV in the bedroom, and balcony (unit A has both living room and bedroom access.
Nice pools (including kids pool) which open early and close late. Ask for a room away from the pool if you plan to sleep before 11pm. The computer room has 3 PCs...not quite adequate. Users are limited to 15 minutes, so you won't have to wait long. There is a modest sized excercise room with new equipment. There are no on site restaurants or convenience stores, but there are plenty of choices nearby. You can even walk to Arabian Nights Dinner show, which is excellent. Housekeeping comes only once per week, but they provided plenty of essential supplies when we checked in.
Vacation Village is a timeshare, so they did make us an offer of free breakfast or lunch plus approximately $100 value gifts (cash, tickets, etc) if we agreed to take the tour. We respectfully declined and were not approached again throughout our stay.
Staff was courteous and the location is terrific. Note there is construction which has the I4 exit closed, so you need to plan ahead when returning from the parks. If not carefull, you'll quickly end up going past the exit. Best advice is to use Osceola Drive when leaving the parks and come in the back way.
Our unit appeared to be almost brand new, but the older units look ok. There is more construction planned, so it's possible future stays would be somewhat less pleasant. But overall this is is a terrific value. We will stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Vacatia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway