Let me begin by giving you the perspective of my review. We are a family of four who love to visit Disney Parks. We also like clean, quiet, spacious places to stay on vacation. My wife is a clean fanatic, so when the rooms passed her standards, I knew I had picked a winner!
This is our third visit to Kissimmee in the past 24 months with one and only purpose Disney. Disney. Oh, and did I mention Disney?
OK, so let's start the show.
Going to Disney? You absolutely will not find a closer timeshare to Disney. To get to Disney World from this resort is simply a matter of turning out of the resort, driving a quarter of a mile to US 192. A right turn and a 1 mile drive (no stop lights) to World Drive (Disney's Main Entrance). If you've ever stayed on US 192 in Kissimmee, you know how notorious those stop lights can be. With this resort, you have no worries, you are stoplight free all the way to Disney World.
The buildings are designed with 'A' and 'B' units. You walk to your door and insert your card. Once you open that door, you will be in a small foyer with two more doors. One door is for the 'A' unit and one door is for the 'B' unit.
The rooms are very bright and clean. We stayed in an 'A' unit. The majority of the unit had bright tiled floors, which makes it easy for the cleaning staff to keep the unit clean and allergy free. The only room that has carpet is the bedroom.
The living area has a full size dining table that seats six people, a couch that pulls out into a bed, two sitting chairs and a nice 48" big screen television with a VCR. You can also walk out onto the patio from the living area.
The bedroom has a spacious king size bed and an armoire with a television. Located between the bathroom and bedroom is a large closet with a safe and a whirlpool tub. A nice amenity after long days at Disney World. The bathroom is very large (appx. 10x12) and features a stand up shower stall, toilet, and a double sink vanity.
The kitchen has more cabinets than most homes. It has a full sized refrigerator with an ice maker. There is a stove, microwave and dishwasher as well. Also located in the kitchen is an apartment sized washer and dryer unit.
The resort itself has several pools. There is a certain amount of truth to the shading of the pools. You can probably catch sun from around 9-4. For us, that was not a big issue. We liked having the pool during the hottest part of the day.
There is a beautiful little lake and conservatory walk which we enjoyed strolling through every morning. You can see the bridge from my photos.
There is an exercise facility and internet access room (3 computers) located at the check-in building. This was not so conveniently located about 1/10 of a mile up the road on the other side of the road from the units.
All in all, everyone in our family loved having a clean, spacious place to come back to after a long day at Disney. In fact, it was so close to Disney, I guarantee that we were able to get back to Vacation Village faster than the poor folks sitting waiting for the Disney buses to drive them back to onsite properties! It's simply that nice and convenient!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway