On check in we were told to see Dave to get a parking tag. Dave offered us a breakfast or lunch with a tour of their resort. We first declined because we told him we have a time share and are not willing to spend 90 minutes listening to another timeshare spiel. He assured us we would only have to fill out a survey after our lunch and advised we would receive $100.00 after. We gave him $20.00 as an assurance we would show up. The next day we met with Christina at lunch time. We repeated what we told Dave. She said that was alright and wanted to take us for lunch anyway. After grilling us all through lunch she had me give the waitress the tip. On our way back to the resort we reiterated we were not interested in another timeshare. She advised she had to give us the tour. This has now taken 2-1/2 hrs. After the tour we went upstairs to fill out their survey. While my wife filled out the survey I was questioned further. Christina then went to get her manager. When he showed up he said he wanted to talk to us and it wouldn't take long. 3-hrs passed since we arrived. My wife told him this has gone on long enough and our daughter is waiting for us back in our room. He told my wife if she had enough she could go so she left. After I was there a good 1/2-hr longer I was advised because my wife left we forfeited the $100.00 gift. $20.00 of this was my deposit to assure we would show up. I am now out $25.00 and 3-1/2 hours of our lives we can never get back.
During our tour of the time share Christina bragged about the beauty and quality of the unit and weren't we happy with our unit. We advised her the unit we are staying in was fine though outdated and furnished with saggy old furniture and not anywhere near what she was showing us. She advised the nice units are saved for THEIR owners and not exchange owners. Also beware of the $25.00 additional fee for using the amenities. I've stayed at other resorts that did not charge for shuttles, crafts or pool use. We left here feeling completely ripped off. Professional pictures can also be deceiving. We did not have a Jacuzzi tub in our unit nor did our daughter have one in her unit. I guess they save these for THEIR owners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Vacatia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway