Stayed here March 9-13, 2014, in building One, in a 2-bedroom.
Things I liked: The space (very spacious) and the security of the double doors - similar to a duplex, you have key entry to one door, and then you see the doors (also key entry) to 2 separate units, both of which are yours with a 2 bedroom. Awesome with privacy! My parents were in the smaller unit, and myself, hubby, and the 2 kids next door in the larger unit. Other plus: near the Disney parks, Publix, and other eating places.
Now, for the don't-likes: Building One is in desperate need of renovation; it's just old, feels old, smells musty. I'm sure the newer buildings are better (hope so, at least), but building One needs some attention. It also lacks personality, feels stale, a little cold. You don't get that warm and fuzzy home-like feeling while there. Also, if you walked barefoot (who doesn't in your condo?) in the room, your feet were black within a few minutes of walking on the tile. Yuck. Another thing that bothered me, given that this resort is HUGE, is that they don't recycle. Saw NO recycling bins, called the front desk and asked, and they confirmed they do not. So environmentally irresponsible!! Anyway, stayed here with an RCI exchange. Wouldn't stay here if I paid "real" nightly rates. Would give it a 3.5 if I could, just for location & space. It just doesn't compare to a Disney resort in service, cleanliness, and environmental responsibility. Just basic, too basic, and I don't prefer soot-coated feet on myself or my family. Oh, and no washer and dryer in the room. You must go down the hall and use your floor's community ones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway