I will say first that I read all the negative reviews after I booked this resort. I expected the worst and was actually prepared to leave early if it turned out as bad as the reviews suggested.
That being said, I arrived at 7pm. No line for check in.
Originally I was going to get building 14, but I explained my husband was dealing with a medical issue and I was upgraded to building 16, into a C unit 2nd floor.
I was not hassled to attend a timeshare presentation as I am sure looked quite tired (driving 12 hours) and mentioned I was there for medical reasons. They gave me my parking pass, no further questions. Although, I could hear the family a few reps down being given the full timeshare treatment.
This C - Unit was very nice. Bed was comfortable. Everything worked, nice balcony.
I always place a sheet over the sofa just to be more comfortable realizing furniture is always cleaned.
It is a complex of buildings. no different than living in an apartment complex. Yes, you will smell other peoples cooking. Yes, the walls are paper thin. We heard all the noise from the pool and you can hear furniture being moved from the unit above. We expected it, and ignored it.
The staff were all very professional and pleasant. They opened doors for me if they were in close proximity, said good morning/ good night, gave us directions to get out of the complex.
Housekeeping was very polite and friendly when they came midweek. Reminded us to dial zero if we needed anything else for our stay. I did have to call for batteries for the remote control. Maintenance came within the hour.
One suggestion for improvement would be better directions to the complex and better signs within the complex. Its difficult to figure out where the exit is.
The pool was warm in the beginning of the week. Cold at the end of the week.
Jacuzzi bleached out my swimsuit. I would not recommend wearing an expensive suit there.
Attended Bingo, that was ok. 45 minutes.
Grounds are well maintained. Ample parking.
Great location. Close to all of the major Disney attractions.
Publix nearby for grocery shopping. There is a Costco in Orlando, go there if you want to buy things for the week.
Overall, better than expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway