“old old, need to be udated! Room Smells bad” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vacation Village at Parkway

and 1 more site!
Vacation Village at Parkway
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“old old, need to be udated! Room Smells bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed during Christmas week. Internet is the worst. I called to see if can be fixed. It Only got worse. So just expect to be without the internet for your whole stay. Staff are friendly. We stayed in building 9. Everything was outdated. They still have the old TV's you can find for 10 dollars on craigslist. Our room smelled so bad we left with our cloths soaked with the room odor. I have to rewash all my daughter cloths to get the smell out. we stayed here for a week. The smelled is so strong we bought air fresheners, still didn't help. We didn't stay indoor much so we didn't bother to switch room. The activity center is small and need to be updated. too small for the large unit.
PROS: it is close to everything.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Eki F
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we regret that we didn’t meet all your expectations. We’re sorry about thew issues you had with your room. We wish you would had advised us of the smell so that we may have had an opportunity to correct the problem while you were still there. We hope you give us another chance in the future to exceed your expectations and stay with us again the next time you visit Orlando.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
  • Finnish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Was not sure what to expect but based on reviews by other guests, it exceeded my expectation. The unit we stayed at was very clean and roomy. I cannot find any fault other than the mattress on the pull out needs to be replace (which by the way if you call right away, they will exchange the mattress if there is one available; we were too late in calling) and the slow internet access (WiFi is available). I would come back and stay at this resort. This is the best time-share resort we stayed at so far in Orlando.

Room Tip: If you want to use the pool, then ask for buildings with the pool right outside the building. If yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your great review! We’re happy to know that you were pleasantly surprised by our resort and services while on vacation. Unfortunately no one resort can be everything to everyone, but we do try to make all of our guests happy at Vacation Village at Parkway. Most of the time we’re quite successful and our guests return to vacation with us again and again. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again.
vancouver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one week with my wife and 3 year old son. Had a B type unit which is a 1 br with partial kitchen.
The good:
Friendly staff. Staff I met around the resort were all very friendly.
Lovely grounds. The landscaping is nice and it's all very clean.
Great pools including nice kids pools.
Location is very convenient to Disney.
The bad:
Internet is terrible. Slow and frequently just not available at all for hours at a time.
Our rooms were disasters. First room phone never worked at all even after two visits from maintenance over 2 days. Smelled like something had died in the kitchen cupboards. Smell just got worse and worse till we finally could not take it anymore and asked to move. Wife found a big silverfish in the sink. Beds were worn with the foldout being especially bad. I don't see how any adult could sleep on that.
In our new room the safe was broken and unusable and after we called about it nothing was done. Tub had big rust streaks on the bottom that were covered up by a shoddily glued on rubber mat. Queen bed in the bedroom was still not great but in better shape than the one in our first room. Fold out was again just awful. First room had flat screens while the new room had old tube tv's. Room had numerous other little problems like a dust scoop but no broom, broken catch for the clothes washer lid, backwards hot and cold in the bathroom faucet, etc. But we were just happy to be away from that awful smell.
We had stayed here once before years back and it was great. No problems then. Now I would never stay here again.

Stayed December 2013
6 Thank Yarbogash
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We understand that customer service is key to being successful in the travel industry and we clearly dropped the ball. We’re very sorry for the issues you had during your stay and your comments have been forwarded to the resort’s General Manager. Guest reviews such as yours are vital in helping us make our resort the perfect Orlando vacation destination. We appreciate your constructive feedback and we hope that you will reconsider and visit again so that we may have another opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.
New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for Christmas 2013. Definitely had a pleasant stay. So close to Disneyworld and many restaurants! We had an A/B unit and it was accommodating for 7 of us. It was clean and staff were friendly.

Only complaint was wifi didn't work very well, but would stay here again!

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Vtwinke
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your recommendation! We’re so happy that you enjoyed your vacation with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Vacation Village at Parkway in the future.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We reserved a 1 bedroom from 1/21 thru 1/28. I advised them that we would not be arriving until1/23 @ 2AM (an airfare accommodation). First thing out of the clerk's mouth when we arrived was that our room was not ready (really)! When I signed the check-in card, it showed our original room was in building 11. I assumed they would give us a comparable room to the original reservation. Apparently they had given our room to someone else. They then reassigned us to an older building in an adjoining suite type room adjacent to people we didn't know. The clerk said that if the other occupants locked the hallway door to call the front desk, although he had to ask someone for the front desk phone number.
The room had no dishwasher and only a 2-burner hot plate (no stovetop or oven). I know most other condos had dishwashers as the check out rules include "load the dishwasher." I've owned RCI/time-share property since 1985, and have traded through RCI since that time. I have never been disappointed in any properties until this one.
We only had internet access for a few hours all week (although we paid a $25 resort fee that supposedly included Wi-Fi access). When I called to ask about the lack of internet access (every day that we were there!), I was told that our bldg.'s Wi-Fi was being upgraded during one of the busiest weeks of the year!
The TV had HBO locked out of mature programs. I called about 12:00AM (just discovered) on Tuesday, and was told they would inform maintenance. I went to bed and about 30 minutes later someone started knocking on the common hallway door. I did not get up to answer, as I had not been told he was coming to fix our HBO, but then 10 minutes later the room phone rang to tell me that a maintenance man was outside in the hall. (Perhaps they could have called first?)
I went to the front desk on Friday about 2PM to talk to the resort manager about my disappointment with the scarce Wi-Fi connection all week, but was told that she was out to lunch. I left a message for the manager to call, but never heard from her (We checked out Saturday @ 10AM).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank David R
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we’re sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay. Rooms are unassigned and reassigned throughout the shift to accommodate guests that are currently checking in. You had reserved a B Unit and unfortunately the resort was at full capacity and we were not able to grant any upgrades. We experienced a high volume of guests accessing the Wi-Fi which created limited activity. Because of that, we upgraded the Wi-Fi to accommodate the additional users. Our staff is available 24 hours a day so when guests call for any items or service, we send someone right away. If a guest doesn’t answer the door after placing a service request, PBX is notified via radio and they call the guest’s unit. We have several Managers on Duty at any given time. We’re not sure who you left your message with but unfortunately it didn’t reach a manager. We apologize for this lack of communication with our staff and it has been addressed with our team. We apologize that our resort has left you with a negative impression of us and we hope this experience doesn’t deter you from visiting Orlando again in the future.
Brooklyn,NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

The rooms are large. If you book a 2 bedroom you really get 2 separate units. Some people might be worried about this with small kids. We left the doors between the rooms open all nite no problem. Nothing really fun to do. The kids enjoyed the pools they were clean. We used the BBQs 2x. My problem is I got 2 large bugs like roaches 2 diff nights. The front desk said they would spray the room. When I got back the big was still there. Also, we didn't notice till we checked out, that we had 5 souvenirs missing! We had housekeeping 1x during the week. This place isn't bad if you plan on being out a lot but, if you want to stay in you will get bored.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank NisreenM
We sincerely appreciate your compliments regarding your recent visit but are sorry about the issues you experienced. Your comments have been sent to our management team at the resort so that may be used to improve our service. We hope that you will return to Orlando and return back to our resort so that we may be able to exceed all of your expectations.
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I booked this resort through RCI and I regret it. From the moment I walked in, I knew that I had made a mistake. The room was extremely small, there was a poor excuse for a partial kitchen and the "large screen television" and "stereo" system were modern in the 80s. The kitchenette includes a microwave, a hibachi style hot -plate, and an electric skillet. Some of the marketing material alludes to this, but considering what I traded to get the unit, I felt that I could have expected a little bit better. The unit could sleep four, but it would be a very cozy fit and the luggage would have to be put on the balcony for the week. They gave me the opportunity to ask for specific type of unit at checkin, but I was not aware that the unit could be so small so now I am stuck in a room that I will be miserable in for a week because the resort won't upgrade me. I realize that I made the mistake. It is one I will never knowingly repeat and it is one that I want to prevent others from making. If you stay here willingly, make sure you ask for an A or C side room. If they give you a B side room, you will get what amounts to a large dog crate. The advertised rooms are the A and C rooms. The B side rooms are smaller and less well-appointed.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
14 Thank alohakeenans
Thank you for your review. Our B units are 500 sq.ft and feature a queen-size bed and sofa bed, separate bath with over-sized shower, living and dining area, and a partial kitchen that includes a coffeemaker, toaster, ice maker, full-size refrigerator, electric skillet, and microwave convection oven. Cookware and dinner ware service for four are also included. We strive to be frugal with our owner’s association fees and replace items like televisions when in need of repair. We regret that we didn’t meet your expectations but we hope that we may have another chance to share our hospitality with you so that we may show why so many guests choose us as their number one destination when in Orlando.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Summer Bay Orlando By Exploria Resorts
Legacy Vacation Resorts
Legacy Vacation Resorts
#15 of 58 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,074 reviews

Been to Vacation Village at Parkway? Share your experiences!