LOCATION - Vacation Villages at Parkway enjoys an excellent location. It is located 17 miles from the Orlando International Airport, just off Interstate 4 and Highway192. All conveniences are nearby – grocery stores, shopping, restaurants, etc. All Disney Parks are just minutes away, and Universal and Seaworld are an easy drive from the resort.
RESORT - Vacation Villages at Parkway is a huge condo complex of approximately 2,000 timeshare units in 21 large, ten story buildings. More buildings are being built. The complex has a number of attractive, heated pools with hot tubs and sitting/lounging areas located between every few buildings. Presently the property has six adult pools. There are pool areas for children as well. As the resort is so large, some amenities such as registration, fitness center, activities pool, etc. are located in one central location.
UNIT - Our one bedroom unit with a full kitchen was attractive, spacious, immaculate and in excellent repair. It was nicely decorated and well equipped. The unit consisted of a large kitchen, dining area, living area, bedroom, large bathroom, and an outside balcony with sitting area, accessed through the living room and bedroom. The bedroom had a king size bed and the couch in the living room pulled out into a queen sleeper. Throughout the week, we were extremely comfortable in our unit.
SERVICE - The personnel at the front desk were pleasant, professional and efficient. Maintenance workers and housekeepers that we encountered during our stay were most pleasant and accommodating. Service throughout the week was excellent.
TIMESHARE TOUR - Our only negative experience throughout the week was that of participating in the timeshare tour. We were solicited to attend the tour just after check in, while receiving maps. We were told if we did not ask questions, it would not last long. We are well versed in time share tours, having been a timeshare owner and part of RCI for over twenty years. The experience here was one of our more unpleasant tours. Salesman # one was a gentleman, salesman # two was aggressive and insulting, and before being released, we were turned over to salesman # three. The experience took over 2 full hours and left us feeling quite agitated. In retrospect, we wish we had omitted this ordeal.
SUMMARY: Excluding the timeshare tour experience, we had a very pleasant say at Vacation Villages at Parkway. It made a wonderful convenient base for exploring the theme parks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway