We stayed in the newer building #16, 9th FL unit 909 A and B. We had the corner unit with 2 units connecting. Its a very good setup when traveling with 2 famiies. We were able to gather together but also had our privacy. The full Kitchen and bedroon setup was all very nice. Applicances were fairly new, clean, so no complaints. Love having a washer and dryer in the room. We had the view of the fireworks from our balcony. The pool looked awesome, wish we were able to use it more.
The Lowdown: 3 days before the end of our trip, I saw a few ants in the corner of the kitchen floor. I used a napkin and picked it up and as I as walking towards the garbage, I saw a few more.... I realized there was a whole colony of them. So I called the front desk, they said they could spray non toxic ant spray. I really didnt want to since I had a child in the room. But I figured I had 3 days to deal with this. So they came immediately and sprayed our kitchen. We waited an hour in the other unit for it air out. So now I have all these dead ants in the kitchen, Great!!! So 3 days pass and we are ready to check out, guess what? Dead ants in my luggage in the room. Not how I wanted to end the trip.
The hotel and unit itself are great. I think cleaning staff need to spend more time cleaning the room the one day a week. Her cleaning was not very thorough. The floor still had the same dirt there after she "cleaned" it. They need to de-pesticide at least once a month. The ants in my room ended up going to the other unit where my family stayed. They are obiviously spreading quickly. If it wasnt for the antz, this place would just be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Vacatia and Booking.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway