My family and I just returned from our stay at Vacation Village. I was apprehensive about booking there after reading some of the reviews but overall I was very pleased with the accommodations. We arrived for check-in just at 4pm last Sunday and everything went rather smoothly with no wait. The guest service agents were friendly and professional.
We stayed in Building 1 which is an older unit, in both the A and B room (2 Bedroom). Both units were spacious, clean, and well maintained. They both had balconies. We chose to have a view away from the pools. We had a great view of the parking lot and surrounding area. The difference with the units is the A side is larger. It consists of a living room (pull out sofa)/dining room combined, full kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, fridge with ice maker, and stove. The kitchen has everything in it to prepare a home cooked meal if you choose to stay in, wine glasses and corkscrew included! The seperate bedroom has a king size bed with Jacuzzi tub in room. The bathroom has a walk-in shower and dual sinks. We had enough of both bath and pool towels in the room. The B side was smaller with living room (pull out sofa), dinette set, kitchen without stove and dishwasher, regular bathroom, and Queen bed in seperate bedroom. The bedroom doors can be locked for privacy. The balcony for both units were accesible from both the bedroom and living room.
The grounds were clean and maintained by the staff on a daily basis. The pools were nice. There were 2 pools/hot tubs near my building as well as a kiddie pool. The Activity Building was also nearby. They offer a daily activity schedule for the kids, adult activities include Bingo (small fee) and Texas Hold 'em Poker Tournaments. Usually we spend our days at the parks but the kids wanted to hang around for the activities on some days. Overall, they were happy here. We didn't have washer and dryer in the room but there's a laundry center on each floor with 3 sets of washer and dryers that's free to use. Security was present on the grounds. In room safe use is $10 for the entire stay.
Mid-week housekeeping is available for stays of 5 days or more. They made the beds, changed towels, ran the dishwasher, and cleaned the bathrooms for us. The beds were comfortable. However, we could smell the aroma of someone cooking breakfast in the mornings thru the vents. The water pressure in the shower was too low for me but the temp was just right. The location is great right off of Highway 192 strip. Restaurants are limitless as well as shopping areas. There are other fun, amusement attractions in the area as well.
We did partake in the Timeshare presentation and was shown the newer models that feature granite counter tops, washer and dryers in room, and flat screen TV's. We were given a tour of the neighboring area of Celebration which is on the other side of 192. We were told that the area was created for the Disney Execs and their families. There are nice homes, shops, a hotel, eateries as well as a Starbucks, a movie theatre; bike, scooter, and hybrid cars to rent, a beautiful lake to fish, paddle boats, rocking chairs with umbrella for shade along the lake. Please be careful while enjoying the lake, we saw an alligator peeping above the water. This area was really nice. Plenty sitting areas to enjoy a good book, as well as the view. We ate at a nice Japanese restaurant while in Celebration. I recommend a drive there if you can appreciate picturesque sceneries.
I would recommend Vacation Village at Parkway to anyone. Please don't be scared off by some of the reviews. If you're looking for a place to rest after a long, hot day at the parks, then this is the place. This isn't a high-end, pamper yourself, spa resort but it isn't cheesy either. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway