My toddler and I arrived on 7/26 after two days of driving and my son had just gotten sick all over himself and my car. I was a mess and very concerned he might get sick again. Roberto, at check in, made my check in the "express" version and immediately ordered my pack n play so I could drive directly to my room. All I wanted to do was bathe my kid and get to the nearest pharmacy. Having heard all About the pushy sales staff and arriving to an orange trailer in a construction zone for check in, i was thrilled with the service. After Roberto was so helpful, i entered the Guest Services line and the representative asked if my husband would be joining me; I told him no and he said to go ahead and go, but if I could comeback later he would share the chance for a free breakfast, but not to worry if I couldn't. As soon as I got to my room, I was blown away. It was spacious, very clean and the jacuzzi tub in the main room separated from the shower and main bathroom was perfect.
I called the housekeeping line like instructed for the pack n play; it took six calls to finally get someone. They brought the PNP shortly after, and apologized for the holdup. The king size bed was very comfortable, but the pillows were horrible. FLAT AND OLD. also, they did not provide linens for the PNP so we had to makeshift linens and bedding. Later that week when I needed to use the couch bed, I realized how bad things were. The couch bed was a squeaky brick! And we didn't enough linens since I needed some for the PNP.
As for the mid week cleaning or linen switch, the bed was remade like my kid did it. The pillows were not even on the bed nicely, they were just hap hazardly thrown there. The towels were fresh and the trash was out, but I have seen much better RCI resorts do a quick clean up and remake beds around the U.S.A. This was not acceptable.
Onto the amenities-
both TVs worked well, but the Sleep button on the remotes did not work.
The trash cans are puny; we took our trash out twice a day.
The washer and dryer in the units worked really well, but they Are noisy.
I think the Internet fee is crazy; we didn't bother.
The towels for the pool are horribly dry and Itchy. bring your own.
We were in building 14-15; we had a nice balcony looking over the Gaylord Palms Pond/Resort. Everything was well cut and clean.
We used the pool closest to us; located between the 2 buildings next to us; it was perfect; my son loved the play area (see pics.) and the zero entry side made it feel very safe to me. He was able to enter the water and walk in his life vest for most of the pool and feel independent. There were also benches in three areas in the pool where I could let him stand and "jump" into the water w/o having to let Him out of arms length. The kids play area inside the pool area was perfect for kids of a variety of ages; my son played in there for hours. See pix!
If you are looking to get an umbrella or even chairs to sun bathe in...go early in the day or right after lunch. If you don't need chairs to lay in, the children's area had tables and chairs. We parked our stroller there and then went back and forth to the pool since my son liked playing in both areas.
Overall, I was happy with the resort for the size of the room, the bed, and the pools. We spent a lot of time in the pool and in our room. It was perfect for us this time; if we had two kids instead of 1 toddler, I think the couch bed would have been a real problem.v
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Vacatia, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway