We recently stayed at Vacation Villages for 5 nights while we were in the area for a family reunion. We were very impressed with the spacious room and proximity to the attractions. We stayed in building 2 on the 7th floor. From our living room we could see the nightly fireworks at Epcot and Magic Kingdom!! We wanted to stay somewhere that had a full kitchen since we have a 2 year old son. The kitchen came equipped with the typical plates, silverware, pots/pans, etc. They also had sponges, dish soap, laundry detergent, and paper towels which was a nice touch. We rented a car, so we cannot comment on the shuttle service to the parks. We did use the pool near building 2, which was kept very clean. The staff at the pool was very conscious to the weather and closed the pool on several occasions due to thunder/lightening. The staff at check in and check out was very friendly and it was a smooth process.
The only reason I didn't get it an excellent rating was due to the lack of room cleaning and the old bed. We were told at check in that our room would be cleaning on Saturday and the fee was $20. We left our room Saturday morning with a sink full of dishes, a full trash and lots of dirty towels. When we returned at 530, we were disappointed to find that the room was not touched. When I called housekeeping they informed me that we would only be getting a linen refresh since we were not there a full week. I wasn't sure why they hadn't done that during the day so we had to wait for clean towels before we could all shower. Just a minor inconvenience. However, the bed in our room was terrible. It was very saggy, probably had never been turned and was in desperate need of being replaced. I did not call the desk about it since it was unlikely that we would get a new mattress during our stay.
All in all we were happy with our stay at Vacation Villages and we plan on staying again the next time we go to Disney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Vacatia and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway