Say "No!" to the $20 breakfast unless you are interested in purchasing timeshare. I would have given this a 5 star if it wasn't for this.
After flying in and traveling here, we had to wait in a long line to check in...about 30 minutes. Then we had to wait in another line (10 minutes) to get our parking permit pass. There we were told since we are RCI exchange members, they would give us a buffet breakfast for $20 to get our feedback on the resort. In exchange for our time afterwards, we would receive another $80 for coming to see them. Tired and hungry we didn't realize what we had done until later that evening....just to get our parking permit!
We tried to cancel our reservation slot for two days in a row. No one ever called back or answered the phone number they gave me. That day we arrived and were told if we cancel we forfeit the $20. We ended up going to the breakfast by driving to Disney Celebrations, then back to VV's meeting room for 4 hours of high pressure sales to purchase additional time share weeks. What a waste of our time!
Thank goodness my children were old enough to walk to the pool themselves while we were busy. Never again!!!
1. Nicely appointed rooms. We stayed in Building #17 on the 10th (top) floor facing away from the swimming pool. From the balcony we had a view of the fireworks at Disney
2. Great, convenient location right off the exit to all the attractions. It's at the intersection of highway 4 and 192
1. Threshold to outside balcony was quite higher than expected. It was about 3" high and we felt like we tripped over it each time we went outside.
2. Addtional $25 charge for the amenities fee to use their basic wifi, etc.
3. RCI states that we booked a 2 bedroom unit that sleeps 8 with a privacy of 8. It's actually a privacy of 4! We had adjoining one bedroom suite units together. Each unit had one king bed in the bedroom and a pull out queen sofa in the living room. If I had known that, I may not have reserved this. The rooms were adjoined by the living rooms so the kids were a bit far away.
4. Check in was slow with long lines at 4 pm on Friday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda and Vacatia so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway