This was our second stay at Vacation Village. Our last stay was 2 years ago and there has been a serious improvment in customer service. Everyone that we met working here went out of their way to be helpful and courteous. It is clear that this has been made a priority. The location is fantastic (very near Disney, not far from Universal and Sea World) and the units are very nice. Our pool and hot tub were great though the hot tub was a bit too hot for eveyone (there were conversations about it) but not too hot to get in and enjoy it for a little while.
LOCATION within the property is critical. If you want quiet don't get floors 1 - 3 on the pool side. We had 8th floor on the opposite side from the pool and loved it. Some buildings don't have a pool (you can walk over to another one). I recommend you call a few days before arrival and give them a preference. The activities center is a bit of a walk from some buildings so if this is important to you, ask to be in one of the buildings near the activities.
The only problem we had was that our updstairs neighbors like to drag chairs around on the tile floor at midnight and later. This is loud in the unit and annoying to your neighbors. If you need to move a chair on the tile floor, be kind and carry it!
VERY close to getting a 5 dot rating from us. Biggest drawback is the limited number of elevators. We had 3 for two huge 10 story buildings and one of those was out of order most of the week. The staff uses the same elevators so you wait for a while sometimes.
Overall we really like this resort and we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway