Just returned from a week in Orlando.
Traveling with 5 members of immediate family (2 parents, 3 Kids. 5, 9, 12)
Also with 2 Grandmothers + Aunt.
We were able to Trade our Timeshare points for 2 units (Total 4 bedrooms) at Vacation Villages.
We have stayed at other Vacation Villages properties around the country so basically knew what to expect.
This is a timeshare, there will be a sales pitch, or an attempt at a sales pitch. Just politly refuse a few times and they will get the message. Checkin had main pitch.
VERY large. Each 2 Bedroom unit COULD sleep 8. Larger side has King Bed + Sleeper sofa. Smaller Side has Double Bed + Sleeper sofa. Each side has Bathroom with Shower (No tub).
Units we had were aging a little. Couches especially were not very comfortable. Construction dumpster in the parking lot makes It appear they are rehabbing some of the units.
Kitchens: Appliances were basic but fine. Cookware was limited, but basically what we expect from a timeshare. There was "Enough" of everything, but for our group, glad we could borrow from any of the 4 kitchens we had (Larger side has full kitchen, smaller has microwave + hotplate only)
All staff we interacted with were great. Polite & efficient. We ran into cleaning + maintenance staff in the elevators a few times and each time they yielded to us to make sure we got the space we needed and they waited.
Location is great. Minutes to Disney. Ability to take food into Disney or return to your unit to cook will save you hundreds of dollars vs. eating park food.
As others mentioned, wifi is weak, And we got charged an extra $25 fee not previously communicated for Wifi, Safe, and resort activities. Not unreasonable, but frustrating that it was a surprise at checkin.
Free Grills were nice for a cookout. Supplied grill implements were new and good. (Checked out from pool attendant) Pool attendant could also exchange pool towels, but towels were available in your room at checkin.
Only 2 real complaints are that with a 2nd floor unit, overlooking the pool. It was loud in the evenings. Pool open until 11 PM. Our Kids got frustrated others were playing in the pool when we were putting them to bed. (We're a get up early and get tot eh park when it opens family)
2nd issue was that all the "Card Readers" for all the doors were finicky. Annoyance more than anything else.
Overall great trip, units exactly what we expected, and we would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway