It was just my husband and myself taking this vacation.
After reading mixed reviews on here we were a little bit apprehensive. So on checking in I had already decided to ask what building we had been given and yes they said building 1, so I asked nicely if they could put us in building 18 or 19 the lady at the front desk said she would go and find out and to our surprise came back and said we have changed you now to Building 18. The resort is spread out over a large area and building 18/19 is on the far side. We were lucky in that our unit faced out on to the wildlife reserve some of them face on to I4. We were very pleased with the unit it was very clean and had everything we needed, washer/dryer, dishwasher, full cooker and plenty of pots and pans. Bathroom was fine with large shower and jacuzzi bathtub. Flat screen TV in lounge area and the bedroom. Swimming pool was very close by and was very clean. The only downside was being pressured by the guy giving out the parking pass to go for the free lunch/breakfast and an update on the resort. We had to give a $20 dollar deposit that would be refunded when we went for the lunch. Sunday came the day we were to go for lunch, and my husband said, I cannot be bothered going so decided to go out in the car to Clearwater and forgo the $20 that we had given as a deposit. After that the phone rang every day at least twice, we just did not answer as we did not want to have any hassel persuading us to go to a timeshare talk. I would definately stay here again but would say NO to the breakfast/lunch as we did feel slightly guilty for saying yes then not turning up but we had just come off a 9hour flight and just wanted to get away from this guy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Vacatia, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway