There's got to be something in the water that interior decorators drink in Florida, and it ain't good.
... But let's start at the beginning...
The check-in process consisted of waiting in line for 45 minutes! That's a long time for anyone to wait in line: however, it does allow you ample time to develop and organize your tripadvisor review.
We stayed in Building 15, second floor. Supposedly, this building and its rooms had recently been renovated. The elevators are dark and dank. The Hallway carpet is grimy and stained. The floors in the room, although they are ceramic tile, were covered with a layer of who-knows-what, which moved us to literally scrub them by hand with a wet towel and some laundry detergent.
You would have to be blind to appreciate the decor theme: greens and mustard yellows, with some burgundy. The walls are a nauseating and ceilings are a nauseating peach. (Yes, colour does affect your mood and when you don't like the colours of the place you are staying at, well, it affects your overall sense of well-being). The window dressings and bed linens (comforters) boast garish prints of tropical flowers and leaves, birds, etc... Busy patterns everywhere.
The bathrooms are not stocked with shampoo or conditioner, but do come with a Dial soap bar - ensuring your skin is dry and tight for your entire vacation. (Folks, there is a Publix nearby, go buy your own moisturizing body wash and other necessary toiletries).
If you set all the decor related issues aside, you are left with squeaky beds and old appliances that make an inordinate amount of noise.
I DID appreciate the in room washer and dryer very much. Left the resort with all our clothes clean and this made my unpacking at home a breeze! (Again, one will have to journey to Publix to pick-up laundry soap and dryer sheets).
I'm not used to writing such disparaging reviews but they'd honestly lost me by "Hello" on day one at check-in.
Yes, it is centrally located to everything, which is a huge redeeming quality. There is also ample parking.
Our stay was good. Not great. Not much of anything. We weren't sorry to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway