I just returned from an 9 night stay and I honestly cried when it was time to leave! Everything was exactly as shown on their website. The place was gorgeous! The check in was smooth and fast but they charged me a $100.00 security deposit which was not mentioned to me when I booked or in any terms & conditions I could find. Luckily I had it or there probaly would have been a fight and I'm not sure who would have won. I'd ask about it if I stayed again- to make sure I had it in my budget.
We got a parking lot view in bldg #7- we had both the A & the B sides. The place was really pretty and clean - we had problems with the pullout in the A side LR when we arrived- they were there within 10 mins (at 11pm) and fixed the problem asap! Both units were stocked with everything you could need. There was plenty of towels and soap - including dish, laundry, and dishwasher detergents - but no shampoo or conditioner. I wish I would have believed the washer & drier in every unit... they were in both the A and the B units. If I wasn't so paranoid I could have saved myself the $25.oo overweight fee for my humongo suitcase and washed clothes while I was there.
My favorite thing about the place was the jacuzzi next to the king size bed! I often layed in the jacuzzi wondering how many other people took 2+ baths a day while staying there.
We used the internet room once while there. It was packed but had at least 6 terminals and you could print which was a plus. I never saw the fitness room or the game room - but kids at the pool told my kids it was nice. There wasn't anything there that wasn't nice.
The pools are nice and big but do get very crowded. We went early in the am -we'd get a dip in before the parks and then when we got back from dinner. Only complaint there was the pool water was like in the 90's which was good in the morning but not that fun in the midday heat of late April.
I highly recommend VVP. I would like to go back again next year. I read some reviews where there was mention of harassment from the timeshare people- I have to say I saw them giving tours but they never once bothered us. I booked thru the management co- and maybe thats why- but It was very nice not to be bothered for 9 days. This place was A+ in my book. Well worth the price and the distance to Disney alone is worth it. Book it... you'll be glad you did!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia and Hotels.com so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway