I was concerned after reading some of the reviews. We were traveling with two young children and wanted to make sure our week was wonderful. We had a really nice time.
A few points that might be helpful to others:
-This place is a great mixture of young families and retirees.
-Our children loved the swimming pools (great temp and never crowded). We swam every day.
-Carmen was wonderful when we checked in. I was a little annoyed we had to go to Guest Services to get our parking decal (it felt like a trap). However I firmly said 'no' to their offers of free breakfasts and tours and was never bothered again (however we did unplug our phone).
-the location to get to Disney World was AWESOME. So close and so easy. We could get there in less than 10 minutes. Very easy..
-lots of great restaurants and a Publix very close (less than a mile)
-We were in building 16 (which was new, clean and wonderful). The two separate units (A&C) was a bit strange. I wish one of the units would have had two full-size beds instead of a king. However there was A LOT of space.
-bring your own shampoo
-bedding is pretty low-grade
-it is very difficult to get anyone to answer the phone here. I'm not sure what that is about. I made at least 6 calls throughout my visit. Sometimes it rang for 15 minutes before anyone would answer. Other times I would be transfered only to be sent back to the operator. This is an area they could definitely improve. I'm not sure what the problem is.
-Staff was friendly and said 'hello' everytime we saw someone
-Other guests were great too. We met a lot of great people in the elevators, etc.
This place is great. Enjoy!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway