We booked this as a timeshare exchange for a week while we visited Walt Disney World. The resort is a maze of buildings, and the front entrance/check in area is a bit hard to find but the staff are very helpful and friendly. We checked in on Saturday at 3:40pm and the line was easily 30 minutes long. Our room was ready when we checked in which was great.
Our unit was the larger of the two options shown on the hotel's website. We used the larger unit for ourselves, with our two boys (8&5yrs) in the other unit. I was concerned about the set up of the two units, but there were door stops inside and we just kept the two inside doors open, leaving the main front door locked. Both units had a very small washer/dryer, fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher in the kitchen and a safe in the bathroom. They also each had a small patio area outside. The larger unit had a large jacuzzi tub between the bathroom and bedroom which fit two adults. We were on the main floor, but you couldn't access the sidewalk to the pool from the balcony...I tried ;). We were in building 10, which has a pool right outside the door. Parking was available right outside the building, but was often full by 9pm. Additional parking was a good distance from the building.
The resort offers all sorts of activities, we didn't do any of them. They also have Internet included as part of their $25 mandatory activity fee, which we used on an iPad and iPhone. Service was spotty and slow.
There is a small grocery store nearby, with many other stores located in the immediate area. Access to Walt Disney World is easy, even first thing in the morning.
I would certainly return again to visit the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Vacatia and Odigeo so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway