First let me preface this review with the admission that I have been an owner here since 1998. That said, it has often not provided any free extras or lack of harrassment from salespeople. This trip has been different. I was originally placed in an older suite which I requested a change for. I was accomodated but surprised at how much red tape that seemed to involve since this is the off season. My room (building 15) was everything I am used to...clean and certainly spacious enough for my family. The mattress was pretty awful, the air conditioning sounds like a windstorm, and the lack of soundproofing means you hear everytime the neighbors above you slide a chair or open a door, but hey, it's a hotel not home.
I had no issues with guest services, they didn't even try to upsell me which I really appreciated! If you have kids, this place is great as they do an entire calendar of activities. My son is 12, he just wants Disney Quest and the water parks....
They are now charging for the internet service, $25 for the week. Well, nothing in life is free and you get your money's worth. They had no problem giving us as many access codes as we wanted since we have 3 devices between 3 people and the internet was strong and reliable, even for the video downloads my son had to watch for school.
I personally love the floorplans here, but if you have small children and you book a two bedroom, be an informed consumer as the units are seperated by a secure foyer.
If you want Disney, you can't get any closer without being on property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway