read the reviews prior and requested for newer building at check-in. we arrived late in the evening and the check-in was painless. I don't recall the name of the young guy that checked us in but he was very polite and friendly. we had to to pick up our parking passes from the 'guest services' and you knew ahead of time what that was all about. I turned the breakfast offer in return for deep discounted disney tickets. I had a week earlier called to see if they sold disney tickets on site and they told yes at 10% of the gate prices. Once I turned down the breakfast offer, they would not even sell me the tix at the 10% discount (more on disney tix below). I picked up my parking pass and left. you will get several reminders over you time there to pick up 'free gifts' even if you show no interest.
we had a 2bdrm suite reserved. the unit was immaculate. each bdrm had an ensuite, and wall mounted flat tvs. we had 2 seperate kitchens, living rooms and balconies (lock of unit). each living room had 2 wall mounted tv and dvd player as well. there was a d/w, w/d in each unit. The overall property is massive and the grounds are very well maintained. several pools around the property and scheduled activities. we however did not have opportunity to use any of the facilities. there was also a complimentary scheduled shuttle to disneyworld (10mins), seaworld (10mins) and universal (15mins). we took the shuttle on a couple of occasions when they met our itenary. parking at the parks is $14-15.
I had done some homework prior and found out there are several disney tix resellers selling at discount to gate prices. I found the pricing was all the same between the resellers (when comparing, some resellers advertise inclusive of taxes, others don't). My advise is don't bother ordering them online as there are tix resellers everywhere. if there is an issue at least you have a physical location to go to (tix not arriving in mail, wrong order etc).
lots of dining in the vicinity. if you have a car, your options are endless along irlo bronson memorial. Of all the buffets, the golden corral was definately the best. Several supermarkets including publix and one right beside charlies steakhouse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway