I'd rate this hotel as just okay. First let me preface my review by stating that I am used to staying at moderate Disney Hotels. I couldn't get a Disney hotel for New Years, so I took a chance at this hotel because it was cheap. After reading terrible reviews on TripAdvisor, I was quite concerned. When I checked in, I asked for a newly renovated room if possible. I had a one bedroom suite. The room size was pleasing, definitely and the interior of the room was pretty clean. I certainly was happy with that. My big complaints were three. 1) The floor I was on (and my room as well) had a terrible smell to it. It smelled like curry to me. Unfortunately, I hate the smell of curry so it wasn't pleasant walking into the hallway or my room until my nose got over the smell. 2) The bed and pillows were extremely cheap and not comfortable at all to sleep on. 3) There is a $100 deposit required on top of the room cost to be given back later when room deemed not destroyed. The other downer (and granted I only stayed 2 nights) was that I didn't get the overall Disney experience when I walked out the door that I'm used to. This really isn't the hotel's fault but I missed it. As a footnote, all of my clothes smelled like curry when I came home and had to be washed.
I would say that if you are looking for cheap, this is a doable hotel. But if you want those extra niceties that go along with staying on a Disney property, this one isn't for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Vacatia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway