4,322 results
All reviews full kitchen stayed in building partial kitchen time share newer building through rci parking pass disney parks washer and dryer living room activity center sales pitch c unit jacuzzi tub timeshare presentation free breakfast great resort
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This resort is anything but! I stayed for 7 nights on my timeshare. Lets start with check in. The front desk was nice enough. After checking me in, I gave my 100.00 cash deposit so my credit card wouldn't be held. I was then told I needed to pay extra 25.00 for basically internet. So, even though I was an owner, I paid. I then was told I needed to go to another line to get my parking pass. Having worked here before I knew that it was for the sign up for the timeshare presentation. You give them 20.00 cash then they give you 100.00 gift card. If you have 3 plus hours and a lot of will power( they don't make saying no easy)..be my guest. I got to my unit. Needless to say it was in the older building, but paying 800.00 a year maintenance you would think it would be kept up. Ants all over, Dead roaches on floor and in bathroom..no dvd player and the cabinet door fell off. As far as noise, The walls were soo thin you could here everything going on in hall(kids running back and forth as well as luggage carts banging down the hallway). The couch was soo uncomfortable that you couldn't even sit in it. The patio furniture looked like it was soo old, didn't even dare sit in it. Save your week and go somewhere else! I beg you!

Room tip: Don't Stay Here! Run for the hills!!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
10  Thank vaughn a
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

We’re very sorry to hear that our resort and staff didn’t meet your expectations during your visit. We understand your concern regarding our recently implemented $25 activity fee. However this fee includes much more than internet service in the private rooms, like our complimentary shuttle service to the world famous Orlando theme parks, and daily activities found only at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We regret that we couldn’t provide you with an excellent vacation and we hope that your next trip to Orlando is much more enjoyable.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We rented 2 rooms NEXT to eachother for the sake of the kids. WE got 2 rooms down the hall from one another. The resort charges for everything and has NOTHING for the kids to do. We found palmetto bugs on floor and we were in a room next to the parking lot and all we heard was trucks and maintenance workers all day long. The pools were supposed to be heated and they were freezing cold. The customer service was the worst of any hotel I have ever stayed in. Rude and completely not helpful. Beds were hard. They have a TV, but it is from the year of the flood.

Room tip: There are so many other places to stay, choose another place.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Dorrie L

Thank you taking the time to share your experience. We’re very disappointed to read that our resort did not meet all of your expectations. It is our goal at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort to offer great vacations at affordable prices for our guests. We appreciate your candid comments as these observations can only help us to improve our performance and our property. We hope in the future you will reconsider and choose to visit us again to allow us the opportunity to prove that we are a great choice for lodging while visiting Orlando.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

First room had unusable sofa beds as they were falling apart.
Also we were told they were recently as of week prior remolded and updated!!! Really is that why the mattress on reg bed was unusable -Along with sleeper sofa and a hot plate for cooking? Second room, ok beds, little more modern started to unpack. Meet by a four inch COCK ROACH. Manager had left we were told and they would be right over. After half hour we called back. After three hours we were moved to another building. Terrible unresponsive customer service and roaches. If that is what you like this place is for you.

3  Thank mcgeecpa1962
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post about your time with us. We’re sorry that our resort and service was not what you expected. Sometimes guests will leave balcony doors open to enjoy Florida’s tropical weather and occasionally bugs will enter the rooms. We do our best to combat the issue by having a contracted professional pest control company service the resort frequently. It’s our goal that all of our guests have a pleasant experience with our resort and we are truly sorry that we failed to reach that goal with you. We hope in the future you will choose to visit us again and allow us the opportunity to prove that Vacation Village at Parkway Resort is a great place to vacation while in Orlando.

Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

RCI timeshare week with family (grandparents and infant). Had adjoining rooms one with full kitchen the other with basics -perfect for two couples. Clean resort, nice pools, shopping close by (walking distance for groceries at the new publix). Wish the pools had more sun shine-especially with the cold week we had. Used the BBQ nice and simple. Nice trails between buildings if you go for a walk. No complaints but nothing special either.

Date of stay: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post about your vacation. We’re pleased that your family enjoyed the resort and it’s amenities. The room layout you spoke of is very popular with timeshare owners and guests alike because it offers maximum privacy for large parties. The common foyer that separates the A & B Suites is secure from the outside, so the doors to each suite may be left open if desired. Vacation Village at Parkway Resort is a great option for families visiting Orlando and we hope you allow us another opportunity to host your vacation again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

After spending wonderful 3 weeks at Wyndham's Bonnet Creek, my husband & I booked a week at Vacation Village at Parkway (VVP) to extend out holiday. We were very pleased to find that our one bedroom condo was attractive and very well appointed. It was also immaculately clean! The bed was very comfortable ( much more than Bonnet Creek's) and the TV's were flat screens and even included HBO. Our condo was in a newer building overlooking a large pool. One evening the washer & dryer combo stopped working. A call to the office produced two repairmen, who checked the problem and replaced the equipment in less than 30 minutes! We had some difficulty with the WiFi connections, but resolved the problem by using the Hot Spot on my iPhone. We were so impressed that before our week ended - we booked another 2 week "escape" through RCI at VVP for spring 2013.
As much as we love the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, we will be returning to VVP for several reasons. We found everyone to be very positive and cooperative; problems were handled quickly; the unit was very clean, attractive & comfortable, and the location was great - close to lots of restaurants and shopping ( Yes, very close to Disney if you know the best route) and for the difference in price... we will continue to return to Vacation Village at Parkway! The value can't be beat!!

Room tip: We requested a condo in one of the new buildings overlooking the pool. Our request was granted. I suggest that you arrive a little early and make the request for what you want; be pleasant/cooperative and indicate that you are willing to wait until a unit is ready. Good Luck!!
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank CelticRainbow

Thank you sharing your vacation experience here on TripAdvisor. We’re so happy that you were pleased with your accommodations and that you found our employees helpful during your time with us. We can’t wait to share our hospitality with you again soon!