4,098 results
All reviews full kitchen stayed in building partial kitchen time share arabian nights newer building parking pass through rci mid week cleaning washer and dryer disney parks free gift living room sales pitch activity center c unit jacuzzi tub
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Even though this was a free stay as part of a marketing gimmick, this was such an unpleasant experience that I was willing to drive 13 hours back home just to avoid staying. (My wife talked me out of it, though she was unhappy about the place as well.)
First, and most important, is the quality of the rooms in which we were placed. The first room was small and underwhelming. This wasn't too bad, but when my wife went to take a shower she noticed that not only was the water in the tub not draining, hair was coming up from the drain. This was unacceptable so they moved us to another room. As soon as I walked in I noticed the light fixture above the table was covered in dirt and dust. (Photo included). I immediately had to question the cleanliness of the rest of the suite since they didn't even bother to clean the first thing a guest would see. At this point my wife and I were tired and almost willing to just call it a night, but as I mentioned before, we couldn't imagine how dirty the rest of the place was. We ended up paying to go to a Holiday Inn Express that was cleaner and more accomodating than Vacation Village.
After our sales tour, which I will address later, we received our deposit reimbursement (which they refer to as a bonus gift card) and headed to the lobby to check out. We had until Sunday to check out, but the place was so gross that we just wanted out of there. We explained the situation to a manager who offered us a stay in one of the ownership suites. It was then explained to us that the suite we had been given is only used for marketing and doesn't receive the attention that the owners' suites receive. We hesitantly accepted since it was free and took a look at the place. Still small, but at least it was clean. I will absolutely give the management credit for being willing to accomodate us with a nicer suite.
I'll now explain the sales tour. We had a Thursday afternoon check-in so we went to the sales office to register for the tour. We were told that our tour time had already been scheduled for noon on Friday. At the risk of sounding like a diva, this was ridiculous. We just drove down to Orlando from Virginia (a 13 hour trip) and now we had to go to a sales pitch in the middle of the afternoon on a Friday instead of hitting some of the great tourist areas in Orlando. We asked to change the time and the customer service rep gave us a straight up "no" for an answer. She didn't even care to explain why not.
We've done sales tours in the past, so we kind of knew what to expect. That, plus the fact that our stay up to this point had been awful (remember, we paid for a room at a Holiday Inn Express just to get away from Vacation Village), turned us completely against the idea of purchasing a time share with this company. We explained that to our sales rep up front, but she explained that we would still have to go through the tour to get our gift card. (Again, this "gift card" is nothing more than a refund on a deposit that we made when we booked in the first place, hardly a gift.) We agreed and went on with the tour. We were asked to get in to the sales rep's car, which we politely declined so that we could drive our own vehicle. We went to a small office building where sandwiches, cookies, chips and drinks were being offered. Then we were herded into a conference type room with about 10 other couples for a sales pitch from an over enthusiastic (and somewhat cocky) saleman. After this we were taken to another office for the closing pitch. As we indicated to our sales rep (who I will say was a wonderful person), we had zero interest in buying. She then called over the "finance guy" who is actually the second line of sales. We told him up front that we would not buy from Vacation Village. He was agitated and walked away. Finally it was time for the 3rd salesperson ("quality assurance") where we received our aforementioned "gift." The sales part was finally over at around 3:30-4:00.
If I had this to do over again, I never would've gone. My wife and I could have celebrated our anniversary in some other fashion and avoided all of the headache.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brantleyh
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

We’re very sorry to hear that our resort and sales staff didn’t meet your expectations during your time with us. We've had thousands of travelers take advantage of the perks provided in exchange for a preview of Parkway Resort, and many leave as a member of The Vacation Village Resorts family of owners. We regret that we could not provide you with a great stay on your anniversary and hope that this experience doesn’t deter you from visiting Orlando again.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Let me start with the good points. For the price, the rooms were fantastic. Having both the A & B rooms allowed 2 families of 5 to socialize without being on top of each other. Each fam had a two room unit but could get visit together in one without getting claustrophobic. Rooms were nice and clean with good sized balcony for each the A & B side. Location to Disney was about 15 from parking lot to parking lot which was fine. Close to all types of restaurants and supermarket as well. Definitely good value compared to what we would have gotten paying for hotel rooms for the week.
The biggest hiccup was the coordination of the rooms being near each other. After booking through RCI they said to call about 2 weeks out asking to be in vicinity of each other. Called two weeks out (about 1 1/2 weeks after making res.). Resort did not have res and said call in a week. Ca wed next week and resort said still did not have the reservations after RCI had said were sent week or two prior. Now one day prior to leaving and making calls back and forth between RCI and resort. Finally, yes, res confirmed and the one request of being next to each other is done. First fam checked in and told yes, other unit is 2 doors down. 2nd family checks in get keys and find out no, not two doors down, fam #1 is westernmost room top floor of building and family #2 is bottom floor easternmost room in adjoining building...wait, what? Went back to front desk, they said 2nd room became unavailable due to maint. ok, but when? Apparently no other rooms could be put in vicinity of each other. Then there was an opening, but would entail fam#1 pack up and move. This is not the end of the world, but we had one request since dealing with 3 young kids in each fam and could not have been further apart.
First morning toilet bubbled over having tons of laundry suds coming out of it for some reason. Called front desk and maintenance was on scene in about 5 min as we were ready to leave. Taken care of when we got back, so kudos.
Overall the stay was very enjoyable, just a bit of a sour first impression.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SteveO44

We’re happy that you enjoyed your time at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We’re sorry however about the mix up of your room request and the issue you experienced in your room. We’re relieved and thankful that our staff was able to assist and that you were able to enjoy your stay. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience and we hope that we may have the opportunity to share our hospitality with you the next time you’re in Orlando.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my parents home resort through RCI, they gifted a week to my husband and I so we decided to stay at this resort. The resort was very easy to find. When we checked in they gave us a welcome gift and asked if we were owners, I said no my parents were. They then said we could go to a free breakfast and get reduced park tickets, all they wanted was our opinions on new buildings. My husband heard the word "free" and was interested, I told them thank you, but declined. We weren't planning on going to parks anyway, and didn't want to waste our time. The lady said that was fine. We had a few pamphlets shoved into our door in the morning telling us to come claim our free prize. We just ignored them and never received any telephone calls. We had a A&B units in building 12, we stayed in A and friends stayed in B. Our unit was very clean. My husband thought the bed was too soft, but I thought it was fine. We also went to Target and bought him a pillow, he thought his was too puffy and I agree all the pillows were extremely puffy and a little hard for my liking. We had a problem with our clothes dryer not working, called front desk and they sent someone up within half an hour to fix it. Staff was very friendly, always smiled and gave a greeting. We did not go to any parks, but went to the Premium Outlet malls (found some great deals) and drove to Cocoa Beach. Great location close to restaurants, stores, and theme parks. We mainly used the kitchen for breakfast each day and ate out other meals as we were out and about anyway. Went to the hot tub each night and pool for awhile in the mornings, and there was maybe a few other people there, I'm sure not being peak tourist season helped, but it was very nice to relax down there. I'm not sure how the resort would work for families as there is only one bedroom and a sofa sleeper per unit, but for two couples having the A & B units for our seperate space was great! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BrittAnn85

Thank you for your post. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the amenities and our location during your stay at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We’re also very happy to know that our staff quickly remedied the problem you were having with the dryer in your room. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

well first i have to say after reading everything on trip advisor about the place i was well informed. If you want a plush level 10 stay then go pay and stay in that type of resort. I traveled with my party (5) and we wanted a home away from home and thats exactly what we got. from check in to check out we were treated swiftly and very kind. we were very comfortable here. 7yr old locked her stuffed animal in the safe. (they were quick to arrive) we had everything we needed for the duration of our stay and if we needed to call it seemed as though response and customer service was quick. the grounds were tidy, the pools heated, we had an A/B unit. the kids (3) stayed on the B side and the adults stayed on the A side. (bldg 2 #706 a/b) we were on a family budget so it was nice to have the freedoms of being near all kinds of things like publix, wallgreens, cvs, NIKE OUTLET (my fave) and to my pleasure i like to cook for my family so the full kitchen is great for me. plenty of pots pans utensils etc....oh and did i mention that its close to disney attractions !!! on a scale of 1-10 i'd easily give it a 10, i would love to go back and stay there....business center and fitness center were nice too.
***TIPS**** it did require a 100 deposit and 25 amenity fee IF YOU DEPOSIT IN CASH you get CASH back (not the 25 thats theirs) if you use CREDIT your Card is CREDITED. i say that because upon checkout they have to inspect ur room before either refund takes place that creates wait time. if you want to leave quickly and u didnt tear their place up, well then use credit. ***TIPS*** yes, they were nice enough to grant us our "higher floor, poolview request" **2 regrets** i didnt ask what mattress that we slept on because ours felt like a lil piece of heaven and i wish we had more time to let the kids do activities onsite, free snow cones, feed the fish, tye dye tshirts etc. they even had line dancing, wine glass painting, karaoke, bingo.... if you have any further questions please email me at law1103@yahoo.com

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank arynnsmom

Thank you for the awesome review! There is no better compliment we can receive than knowing that our guests entrust us with their vacation and would return. We are truly blessed with a staff that works hard to provide great service and great resort amenities and location at affordable prices. We’re happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have been here for ten days and have been very happy with our condo and location.
The kitchen is very well equipped, bed comfortable, lots of pillows but too big for my preference, lots of seating but the sofa in this unit (19-405A) needs replaced as one end has absolutely no support with the cushion.
Check-in was easy, nice staff, good housekeeping staff, grounds neat and tidy
Our unit faced the highway which you could hear the constant traffic, but, also had great views to see the fireworks.
We did not use the pools, but they looked clean and very inviting.
We cooked most of our own meals and did the shopping at Walmart Superstore. But, the CVS is close buy where we bought bread and milk along with some snacks.
We paid the $25.00 per week for access to lots of services. We both have iPads and Wii Fi was included also shuttle services
Though we had a car we did use the shuttle that took us to EPCOT and from there you can go on a Disney bus or monorail to the other parks.
We came here on "extra vacation weeks" and was not bothered by anyone knocking on my door or a telephone call. Thankyou
We would definitely come back here if we returned to Orlando again.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by road noise ask for a room that does not face the highway
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emmahayley
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you, what nice things you have to say! You really shared all that we feel is so wonderful about our resort and we’re happy to know that you are enjoying your stay with us. We appreciate you pointing out the benefits of our amazing location and our friendly staff that set us apart from other resorts in Orlando. Thank you for choosing Vacation Village at Parkway Resort and we look forward to your return.