3,982 results
All reviewsfull kitchenstayed in buildingpartial kitchentime sharearabian nightsnewer buildingparking passthrough rcimid week cleaningwasher and dryerdisney parksfree giftliving roomsales pitchactivity centerjacuzzi tubc unit
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my parents home resort through RCI, they gifted a week to my husband and I so we decided to stay at this resort. The resort was very easy to find. When we checked in they gave us a welcome gift and asked if we were owners, I said no my parents were. They then said we could go to a free breakfast and get reduced park tickets, all they wanted was our opinions on new buildings. My husband heard the word "free" and was interested, I told them thank you, but declined. We weren't planning on going to parks anyway, and didn't want to waste our time. The lady said that was fine. We had a few pamphlets shoved into our door in the morning telling us to come claim our free prize. We just ignored them and never received any telephone calls. We had a A&B units in building 12, we stayed in A and friends stayed in B. Our unit was very clean. My husband thought the bed was too soft, but I thought it was fine. We also went to Target and bought him a pillow, he thought his was too puffy and I agree all the pillows were extremely puffy and a little hard for my liking. We had a problem with our clothes dryer not working, called front desk and they sent someone up within half an hour to fix it. Staff was very friendly, always smiled and gave a greeting. We did not go to any parks, but went to the Premium Outlet malls (found some great deals) and drove to Cocoa Beach. Great location close to restaurants, stores, and theme parks. We mainly used the kitchen for breakfast each day and ate out other meals as we were out and about anyway. Went to the hot tub each night and pool for awhile in the mornings, and there was maybe a few other people there, I'm sure not being peak tourist season helped, but it was very nice to relax down there. I'm not sure how the resort would work for families as there is only one bedroom and a sofa sleeper per unit, but for two couples having the A & B units for our seperate space was great! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BrittAnn85
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for your post. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the amenities and our location during your stay at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We’re also very happy to know that our staff quickly remedied the problem you were having with the dryer in your room. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

well first i have to say after reading everything on trip advisor about the place i was well informed. If you want a plush level 10 stay then go pay and stay in that type of resort. I traveled with my party (5) and we wanted a home away from home and thats exactly what we got. from check in to check out we were treated swiftly and very kind. we were very comfortable here. 7yr old locked her stuffed animal in the safe. (they were quick to arrive) we had everything we needed for the duration of our stay and if we needed to call it seemed as though response and customer service was quick. the grounds were tidy, the pools heated, we had an A/B unit. the kids (3) stayed on the B side and the adults stayed on the A side. (bldg 2 #706 a/b) we were on a family budget so it was nice to have the freedoms of being near all kinds of things like publix, wallgreens, cvs, NIKE OUTLET (my fave) and to my pleasure i like to cook for my family so the full kitchen is great for me. plenty of pots pans utensils etc....oh and did i mention that its close to disney attractions !!! on a scale of 1-10 i'd easily give it a 10, i would love to go back and stay there....business center and fitness center were nice too.
***TIPS**** it did require a 100 deposit and 25 amenity fee IF YOU DEPOSIT IN CASH you get CASH back (not the 25 thats theirs) if you use CREDIT your Card is CREDITED. i say that because upon checkout they have to inspect ur room before either refund takes place that creates wait time. if you want to leave quickly and u didnt tear their place up, well then use credit. ***TIPS*** yes, they were nice enough to grant us our "higher floor, poolview request" **2 regrets** i didnt ask what mattress that we slept on because ours felt like a lil piece of heaven and i wish we had more time to let the kids do activities onsite, free snow cones, feed the fish, tye dye tshirts etc. they even had line dancing, wine glass painting, karaoke, bingo.... if you have any further questions please email me at law1103@yahoo.com

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank arynnsmom

Thank you for the awesome review! There is no better compliment we can receive than knowing that our guests entrust us with their vacation and would return. We are truly blessed with a staff that works hard to provide great service and great resort amenities and location at affordable prices. We’re happy that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We have been here for ten days and have been very happy with our condo and location.
The kitchen is very well equipped, bed comfortable, lots of pillows but too big for my preference, lots of seating but the sofa in this unit (19-405A) needs replaced as one end has absolutely no support with the cushion.
Check-in was easy, nice staff, good housekeeping staff, grounds neat and tidy
Our unit faced the highway which you could hear the constant traffic, but, also had great views to see the fireworks.
We did not use the pools, but they looked clean and very inviting.
We cooked most of our own meals and did the shopping at Walmart Superstore. But, the CVS is close buy where we bought bread and milk along with some snacks.
We paid the $25.00 per week for access to lots of services. We both have iPads and Wii Fi was included also shuttle services
Though we had a car we did use the shuttle that took us to EPCOT and from there you can go on a Disney bus or monorail to the other parks.
We came here on "extra vacation weeks" and was not bothered by anyone knocking on my door or a telephone call. Thankyou
We would definitely come back here if we returned to Orlando again.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by road noise ask for a room that does not face the highway
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank emmahayley
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you, what nice things you have to say! You really shared all that we feel is so wonderful about our resort and we’re happy to know that you are enjoying your stay with us. We appreciate you pointing out the benefits of our amazing location and our friendly staff that set us apart from other resorts in Orlando. Thank you for choosing Vacation Village at Parkway Resort and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We booked this resort through RCI. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The property is not too far from all the attractions. We had so much fun at Old Town. The timeshare people are annoying but if you stay stern in the lobby and take your phone off the hook to avoid their calls, all is well!! Overall, we would stay there again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We liked the 2 bedroom suites.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

We love to hear from families such as yours about their experience at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. The resort’s staff does their best to ensure that everyone feels welcome to Orlando and enjoy all the excitement of the area’s world-renowned attractions. Thank you again for your post, we appreciate it!

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

This it's not a deluxe villas hotel, The rooms are old and dirty, Really uncomfortable, The hotel it's kind of far from the theme parks. There are so much better hotels in Orlando area I will totally recommend Sheraton Vistana Resort, Great location, Big complex and Luxury villas for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank EduardoTorres
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re disappointed that we weren’t able to meet all of your expectations. Your review doesn’t give specific information on the issues you experienced with us, but we’re sorry that we couldn’t provide you with an exceptional Orlando vacation. Located within minutes of Orlando’s world famous theme parks, Vacation Village at Parkway Resort offers clean and spacious accommodations at an exceptional value for guests. We hope you reconsider and stay with us again to allow us a future opportunity to prove why so many travelers continue to choose us for their vacation needs when in the area.