“Pleasantly surprised by the excellent value.”

Vacation Village at Parkway
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Really, we just needed a place to crash when taking on the parks at Disney and visiting relatives in nearby Florida. I traded a very few amount of RCI points and was really surprised. The apartment, far from being the best, was clean, modern, and spacious. The TVs are old but so what. Now that I think of it, who cares about the TV – why should I pay double points (sometimes even triple) for a TV – the old ones work. I’m so tired after spending my day in the Orlando area, I’m not the picky kind in this regard. Internet was free and worked great (some nearby resorts that cost me way more points charged me for internet – can you believe that). Our two bedroom was actually a lock off apartment. Our teenage daughter had her own little apartment. We liked it. Nice view of the pool. If you need a lot of resort activities, this may not be for you. If you are visiting Orlando for Disney or Universal Studios, then this IS the place for you. Nice staff. Right in the middle of everything. You can walk to the Arabian Nights Dinner (highly recommend). I liked it! I give it all the stars for being a cheap alternative and doing everything they say they are going to do. I will stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for newer building when checking in.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ironfox
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

First impressions are lasting and we’re glad to know that our resort made a great impression on you! Thank you for your 5-star recommendation of our resort and our awesome locale. Over the years Vacation Village at Parkway Resort has proven to be a favorite destination for families and we look forward to sharing our hospitality with your family again the next time you’re in Orlando.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,974)

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Kinda torn between 3 and 4 stars. Our experience was mostly positive - so I'll give it 4.

We checked in on Saturday around 4PM. The check-in building was packed. We waited over 40 minutes to check in. I understand Saturday afternoon is going to be a busy check in time, but there were a lot of people standing behind the counter - not really doing anything. So it seemed a bit frustrating. Once we got to the counter, the process went pretty smoothly.

A note about time-share sales: We did have to take a '$500 drawing entry form' over to the time-share desk to get our parking pass. Fortunately we were aware of this tactic, so we just told the gentleman that we had plans for the entire week and would just like to have our pass and be on our way. We didn't get any pressure after that besides a couple of fliers and phone calls (which we did not answer).

We stayed in Building 10 on the first floor. First, I will say that it was a nice space, and the exterior grounds and pool areas were beautiful. But we found the finishes and furniture to be a bit below average. The beds were okay, but the sofas and armchairs were not very comfortable. The kitchen and bathroom appliances and finishes were also just "okay" but showed some wear. The TV's were older, and it was weird trying to watch an HD signal from the cable on a non-HD TV. Still, it was clean and offered more space than a hotel room, but not as much comfort as a top-notch resort or residential condo.

It's a very convenient area with plenty of shopping and restaurants. Also, it's not more than 10-15 minutes from your door to the parking lot at any Disney park. Pretty easy in and out.

Overall, we were happy with the resort, and will consider it for future travels. If I am staying on my dad's RCI points - it's a fine choice. If I'm paying out of my own pocket, then I might be tempted to look for lodging that is a bit more updated and upscale.

1  Thank Aaron H

Thank you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Although overall you enjoyed your time with us, we’re disappointed to read that our resort didn’t meet all of your expectations. It is our goal at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort to offer a great vacation experience at affordable prices for all of our guests. We appreciate your comments as these observations can only help us to improve our performance and our property. We hope in the future you will choose us again and allow us the opportunity to prove that we are always the best choice for a great Orlando vacation.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I just spent 8 days at Vacation Village in Kissimmee and was very pleased. I was there with a friend as well as my adult son. While I had used time share points for my own reservation I was able to rent an additional unit for the two days my other son and his family were there. The registration desk was very helpful with this. The larger, A, units have a king bed in the bedroom and a queen size sofa bed. The smaller units have a queen bed in the bedroom. I was told there are no bedrooms with double beds, which would have been better for me, traveling with a friend and my son, but we were able to rent a roll-a-way for only $20 per week. That was brought to our unit immediately on request. The furnishings are comfortable, our unit had a jacuzzi, and the "A" units have a full kitchen. Our balcony looked out over a pool and jacuzzi; we almost could have dived into the jacuzzi from the balcony. There are many pools on the property, as well as jacuzzis, and there is a full list of activities. My friend and I enjoyed the water aerobics, my son the ping pong tournament. The location is great; a few minutes from Disney World, across highway 192 from Celebration, a planned community, and near supermarkets and all the stores easily found on 192. On the property are several nature walks through the nature preserves, with information on signs giving information about the flora and fauna.

1  Thank schwartzapn
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your amazing review! We appreciate you pointing out the services and amenities that set us apart from other resorts in the area. Positive reviews are so vital to potential guest's decision-making and we love that you took the time to share. We hope that you will visit Orlando again and choose Vacation Village at Parkway Resort as your home away from home.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

First I will say that the rooms are very nice, very updated, modern, and clean. The pool is gorgeous and there are always available chairs. Now on to the terrible experience we had. We had issues with our flight and arrived 12 hours later than planned. 2:30 am to be exact. We could not find the check in building, GPS took us to apparently where thier old check in was. We finally found it with the help of a security guard. We went to check in and were told that our room was not clean yet. Check in time is at 4 pm, and it was 2:30 am, how was it not clean yet? They said they could put me in another room but it wasn't pool view. I told them I had called and requested pool view. They inisisted there were no pool view rooms. Exhausted, my husband and I took the keys to the room. We drove to the building, loaded our luggage on a rack and took it up to the room...which was a complete disaster. I have never seen a more trashed, dirty room, food and drinks everywhere, boxes, bags, clothes. So we called the front desk, they told us to come back to check in. We did, very irritated. They gave us another room and promised it was clean. We finally arrived into this (non pool view) room at 3 am. They told us that the next morning we could move to a pool view. I did not hear from them in the morning so we called them. They said none were clean yet and took our cell phone number to call us when we could move. They never called. At this point, I just said to my husband forget it. Lets enjoy ourselves. Then 2 nights later, I called and requested that housekeeping NOT attend to our room on the scheduled day (next day). They said ok and said they put it in the system. We were out the whole next day but upon our return, big surprise, housekeeping had been in our room. I was so frustrated with the lack of follow through at ths resort that I called for a manager. Of couse there was not one available. So I told this whole story to the resort operator. She assured me that I would receive a return call and that the manager would be very upset at our experience. She would call us first thing in the morning. In the meantime, the night manager, Courtney called. I told her the story and she said nothing except that her boss would call us in the morning. Next morning, we did not get a phone call. My husband went to the check in building to find her. He spoke with Afsheen, who was apologized that this had happened (she said she had no message or notes about any of this and didn't know she was supposed to call)and she moved us to a poolside room (it was Thursday at this point and we were leaving in 2 days so it was more of a hassle than anything) she also let us have a late check out on Saturday. However we felt like we should receive some sort of compensation for all the problems we had. She told us she was doing an investigation and she promised she would call him Friday morning with what she found out, and after she talked to her boss. Well, we have been back home for 4 days now and we have still not had a return call, we left our cell phone number so they could call us. Needless to say we will NEVER EVER return. So many times they said they will call us back and it never happened. That is beyond frustrating. We are RCI owners and have never had such a terrible experience. I would not recommend this resort to anyone, there are TONS of other places in Orlando. Try Orange Lake Resort, just 5 miles down the road.

Room Tip: New building, higher floor, pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank rjworsley

Thank you for taking the time to share because your candid comments of our performance are appreciated. We take pride in our property and strive to exceed guest expectations. When we fall short, we share your disappointment. We’re very sorry that we couldn’t provide you with attentive customer service while at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. Your experience doesn’t reflect the normal standard of service we provide as you can see by the many reviews here on Tripadvisor, and we regret that now you have such a negative impression of us. We hope that our modern rooms and gorgeous pools will entice you to reconsider and stay with us again and allow us another opportunity to deliver the type of vacation experience that you and others travelers expect of Vacation Village at Parkway Resort.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here this last weekend and really enjoyed ourselves. We timed it and it did not take more than 12 minutes to get to any of the parks (we did not do AK this trip though). We stayed in Tower 16 on the first floor. The room was clean and new...almost as though no one had stayed there! Security was very present so we always felt safe, even though we were on the first floor. Now, I would definitely NOT recommend the first floor as the people above us were loud!! Other than their chairs scraping the tile floor at breakfast, though, we did not hear anything from anyone. It was quite and pretty empty.

We did get out and use the pool. There are free towels and a huge hot tub. Also a splash pad and zero entry pool for kids. There is no bar or food onsite and this created a bit of a problem. The CVS next door is well stocked and it looks like they are about to open a Publix across the street, but it was no where near ready (or had just closed) as of Oct 2012. We had to drive several miles to find a grocery store.

Check in was relatively easy and there was no pressure to buy anything. We did have to pay a $20 cleaning fee and a $25 resort fee which includes free wifi and a FREE shuttle to some of the parks. The shuttle had rather limited times and the wifi was slow. We were offered some opportunities for "free gifts" but we avoided these events and did not answer the phone when it rang so we never received a pitch. This was an RCI trade for us and it was a good experience. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: A newer building 16+
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Nicki P
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

We sincerely appreciate your compliments and detailed overview regarding your recent stay at Vacation Village Parkway Resort. We’re glad that you enjoyed the comfort of your accommodations and the amenities offered. Thank you for sharing your experience with our Tripadvisor readers and we hope to welcome you back to our resort on your next RCI trade.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My first expeierce was last year Sept. 12 - 15, 2011, a first cousin retreat, and this was the first time using my timeshare weeks from another Vacation Village. I arrived a day ealy to ensure everything was in order. I was totally delighted. My cousins was happy, I glad them the bedroom and I slept on the sleeper sofa, great! Shopping and dining, The Holy Land was our main attraction. Our stay was short, I think was two/three days. I was so delighted I returned this last August 12 - 18, 2012, with a pre-teen female from my church, to enjoy the pool,Holy Land, Island of Adventure, Abrian Nights and of course Magic Kingdom. Shopping, restaurants, we had a ball! I transferred my timeshare from Vacation Village, Weston at Mizer Place to Vacation Village at Parkway since I a true Disney and Holy Land Lover, This is the place to be, I highly recommend for failmies, couplesand even lovers.

Room Tip: If you have children, you might want to close to one of the pools. Then you might want to close to...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your recommendation and your continued loyalty to Vacation Village Resorts. We’re committed to creating lasting relationships with our guests and we’re grateful for the opportunity to share our hospitality with you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Orlando (or Weston, we think both are great!) on your next vacation soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The resort facilities and staff were fantastic. We had an absolute terrible introduction to this resort though!

We arrived for the 4pm check in time and though there were only 3-4 people in front of us in line, we waited 30 minutes while checking in. After finally receiving our keys we proceeded to our room only to discover that the key didn't work.

There was no way to contact the main building. Fortunately, a staff person nearby was able to radio over and have someone let us in. Though they said they were coming right away, it took three calls and 30 minutes before we were finally let into our room! During this time, since there was no seating nearby, we were forced to sit on the floor in the hallway!

We went into our room and tried to connect to the hotel wifi only to discover that it would connect briefly and then the signal would drop. After 30 minutes on the phone with IT, my husband was able to secure a signal but the rest of us weren't.

The next morning, we took the shuttle over to the Disney parks and you guessed it, the shuttle was 30 minutes late!

In the elevator of our building was the contact information for the building manager. Since there was no other contact information for management, I left a voice message for the building manager. He was away for a couple of days but returned my phone call right away. He was sympathetic to our greeting and apologized. |He insisted that the manager would call us to try to make this right.

He followed up with us the next day to ensure the manager had called. She hadn't. I let him know this and he followed up with her... again, the manager did not call us but after 20 minutes, had another staff call. The staff provided no customer service and insisted she had read my complaint, but obviously hadn't.

Upon check-out, the manager who should have called me, was working the check out counter. She knew who I was, had the opportunity to address my concerns with me, yet chose not to! It's a shame that such a terrible manager. She's lucky that the rest of the staff were excellent.

Would I stay here again? Nope. Would I recommend it to others? As long as you don't need management for anything it would be fine.

4  Thank Adriane B

We’re thrilled that you enjoyed the resort facilities, but are so sorry for the experience you had with our management team. We understand that customer service is key to being successful in the travel industry and we clearly dropped the ball. Your comments have been forwarded to the resort’s General Manager so that he may coach and counsel his staff. Guest reviews such as yours are vital in helping us in making Vacation Village at Parkway Resort the perfect Orlando vacation destination. We appreciate your constructive feedback and we hope that we may welcome you to our resort again and have the opportunity to exceed all of your expectations.