The resort facilities and staff were fantastic. We had an absolute terrible introduction to this resort though!
We arrived for the 4pm check in time and though there were only 3-4 people in front of us in line, we waited 30 minutes while checking in. After finally receiving our keys we proceeded to our room only to discover that the key didn't work.
There was no way to contact the main building. Fortunately, a staff person nearby was able to radio over and have someone let us in. Though they said they were coming right away, it took three calls and 30 minutes before we were finally let into our room! During this time, since there was no seating nearby, we were forced to sit on the floor in the hallway!
We went into our room and tried to connect to the hotel wifi only to discover that it would connect briefly and then the signal would drop. After 30 minutes on the phone with IT, my husband was able to secure a signal but the rest of us weren't.
The next morning, we took the shuttle over to the Disney parks and you guessed it, the shuttle was 30 minutes late!
In the elevator of our building was the contact information for the building manager. Since there was no other contact information for management, I left a voice message for the building manager. He was away for a couple of days but returned my phone call right away. He was sympathetic to our greeting and apologized. |He insisted that the manager would call us to try to make this right.
He followed up with us the next day to ensure the manager had called. She hadn't. I let him know this and he followed up with her... again, the manager did not call us but after 20 minutes, had another staff call. The staff provided no customer service and insisted she had read my complaint, but obviously hadn't.
Upon check-out, the manager who should have called me, was working the check out counter. She knew who I was, had the opportunity to address my concerns with me, yet chose not to! It's a shame that such a terrible manager. She's lucky that the rest of the staff were excellent.
Would I stay here again? Nope. Would I recommend it to others? As long as you don't need management for anything it would be fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway