Vacation Village at Parkway
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
3,235 results
All reviewsfull kitchenstayed in buildingpartial kitchentime sharearabian nightsnewer buildingthrough rciparking passwasher and dryermid week cleaningdisney parksliving roomfree giftsales pitchjacuzzi tubtimeshare presentationfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Pros - location, pools,& resort shuttle
Con- Bldgs could do with some renovation; lack of parking, & the ol' let us take you to breakfast scam. We willingly walked into the trap because the forecast said it would rain for the first part of the day (which it did) and because as we advised the staff at check-in - we had NO intention of buying (which we didn't). Like most timeshare salespeople folks were obnoxious. When our handler realized we were not buying, she was so upset, the last thing she said before handing us over to the varisity team was- I don't get paid anymore if you buy, but there are easier ways to get a free breakfast. A bad enough retort to make to 70 year old adults...a horrible statement to make in front of their grandchildren. The varsity team was disgusted, but dismissive, so we left, our gift card in hand. The rain stopped as we drove out of the garage, and the sun shone for the rest of the day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank NaptownTrvlr
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re sorry our marketing team detracted from your vacation experience. We have had thousands of people experience our hospitality and it is definitely not our common practice to insult our guests. We hope that you at least enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and gift card and that you will consider staying with us at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort the next time your travels bring you to Orlando.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed there a week in early August of 2012 with my two daughters. What I didn't like: upon checking-in I was told I had to pick up a parking decal across the room which turned out to be an attempt to schedule me for a timeshare sales breakfast. I told the person I wasn't interested and I was already a owner but he was rather pushy. I eventually agreed and then was told I had to pay $20 in advance that would later be refunded when I would attend the appointment. I told him I didn't have cash on me and never showed up. This extended check-in time substantially and annoyed me. For the record, the parking decal is not enforced, no one in the parking lot displayed their decal. The night I arrived from a park very late the water was shut off in my building. I had to call and complain. I was told that signs were displayed throughout the day notifying guests that this would occur, but I was out. I was offered a unit to shower in but quite annoyed once again. I had a baby with me and didn't get to bed until about 1:30 am after everything was said and done. Major inconvenience! They also wanted to charge extra for a pack and play for my baby to sleep in in. Thank goodness I brought my own. The things I enjoyed: Comfort, cleanliness, and spacious unit. Many pools to choose from. Beautifully kept grounds. The convenience of having a full kitchen equipped with everything one would need. The washer and dryer in my unit. Very close to Disney parks and right off of I-4.

6  Thank Natasha R
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize that your visit to Vacation Village at Parkway Resort was not everything it should have been. Though maintenance issues like a water leak will occasionally happen, we work very hard to minimize the discomfort of our guests when they do. We’re happy to know that the staff was able to provide a temporary solution for you during the few hours the water was turned off. Though fees may be inconvenient, additional amenity charges are standard in the travel industry. We are thankful that you appreciated your accommodations and the comfort they provided. We hope that our spacious and clean rooms will entice you to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have been staying here every year for past 4 years and this year was not so great we stayed in building 12 tv on unit b did not work phone in unit a worked sometimes and any time we took a shower we had to wipe down the floor because it was covered with water when I called to address this it was not correctly fixed and when i inquired about My request to be placed in the new building it was explained to me because Of my check in date i could not be in the new room. When i checked out i asked about this again so next year i could get a new room and was told that checkin for the new building was sunday the day i checked in confirming i was lied to. I hope this experience does not continue next year or we will just seek other accomadations.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank dee2610

Our goal is to provide an outstanding vacation for every guest that chooses to stay with us and with your recent experience it appears that we had a bit of a lapse in our service. We are very sorry for the issues you had with your room and the information you were given on our special requests policy. Vacation Village at Parkway Resort tries to accommodate all specific requests, regardless what day a guest checks in. Requests cannot be guaranteed and are fulfilled only when there is availability. Your comments have been forwarded to the resort’s management team so that our staff may be retrained. We are committed to creating lasting relationships with our guests and we are grateful for your continued loyal over the past four years. We hope that you return again so that we may have the opportunity to deliver the exceptional service that you and others travelers expect of our resort.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Cleanliness was a 10+. We had Building 15, Room 608 A&B. this was a corner room, giving us 2 balconies, one of which you could see the Epcot Ball and fireworks from. A had a Queen bed, full kitchen, dining area, living room. B side had a microwave and hotplate, Double bed, full living room and dining area. Having an A&B in this building gave us 2 fridges and 2 washer/dryers - helpful to have. Only negativePack'N'Play for our DGd to sleep in. Only negative comment: they charged for things other resorts offer free. $10 to use the room safe; $20 for a Pack'N'Play for our DGd to sleep in; $50 for in-room Wi-Fi (we passed on that). We were told that they plan on reducing the Wifi fee to $25 in the future, and also plan on having a shuttle service (not currently available). the area was close to Disney properties and many restaurants/stores.

Room Tip: Activity Center has 5 or 6 computers for use (15 minute time limit), or drive down the street a bit to Starbucks for free Wifi.
1  Thank kickerAuburnNy

Thank you for your 5-star review! We truly appreciate it when a guest takes the time to share their experience with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed all the amenities in your room and that you appreciated the cleanliness of our property. We are committed to improving our service and will continue to provide our guests with great vacation experiences. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We checked in to Vacation Village Parkway on August 18. I was originally told that our room in building 10 wasn't ready (we were about an hour earlier than the 4pm check-in time) but I had just driven 24 hours and was completely exhausted with 4 cranky kids in the car. So I asked politely if there was anything they could do and they gave me a room in building 14. They handed me the keys and then asked if I needed Wi-Fi which I did, but I told them I wasn't going to pay $50 for it. That's when the man told me that since I am a vacation Village owner, it was free for the week. BONUS!!

When we got to our rooms I was pleasantly surprised. (After reading the mix of reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect.) Clean, great view, comfy bed (King Size - a plus if you are traveling with toddlers...although somehow we still ended up clinging to the edges of the bed while the kids sprawled out in the middle. How does that happen???????)

Kitchen was great, we ran to Walmart for food, but there is also a Target and a Publix right down the road too. Kids loved the Jacuzzi.

Pool was nice, although the weather interfered every time my husband went to swim...

Super close to Disney. So close in fact that it took us less time to get to the Walt Disney World entrance from the hotel, than to get from Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom by Disney transport.

The only issue that we had the entire week was that 3 out of our 4 room keys didn't work on our inner doors all the time, but we kept the inner doors propped open anyway to be able to keep an eye on the kids so it didn't matter.

We are already in the planning stages for another trip here next year. This place was great!

Room Tip: Building 14 has views of Disney fireworks. Vacation Villlage owners don't have to pay for wi-fi.
4  Thank davashkai
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Vacation Village at Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our hospitality at Vacation Village at Parkway Resort. We are truly blessed with great accommodations and a great staff to deliver service day in and day out. Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Orlando next year!