We stayed at Vacation Village 10/19/07 - 10/26/07. After reading many reviews about this resort, I was expecting to stay at a top notch resort. I was very disappointed. When we first arrived, the lady at the front desk was rude. I asked for a pool view room and she blew me off. There was no Wi-Fi in the rooms (which I was aware of from reading the reviews), but she informed me that there was Wi-Fi on the first and second floors of Buildings 8 and 9. So, I asked if we could be in one of those buildings so we could have easier access (I am in college and needed to get online to log in to my class). She completely ignored my request. She had the room already set before we got there and she was not willing to budge.
After receiving our room key, we were sent over to Guest Services. There, they told us we would get a free breakfast halfway through our stay. We were told that after breakfast, we would fill out a brief survey about our stay and we would be on our way. There were several gifts to choose from for our time. We were required to put down a $20 deposit to "hold our reservation." Well, we were niave and agreed to the "breakfast." Without going into too much detail, let's just say the breakfast was about 1 mile from the resort in some manufactured town called Celebration. The sales person wanted us to ride with him to the restaurant, but we told him we wanted to drive ourselves and he was fine with that. After breakfast, we followed him back to the resort and ended up being in the middle of a sales presentation for a timeshare. After telling him several times we were not interested to purchasing a timeshare he still went on and on about it. Two hours later, we finally were out of there. We got a very late start to our day (which was at Disney) because of this. Do not fall for the free breakfast speech when you check in unless you don't have anything else better to do with your day!
Now for the room. We had a parking lot view despite requesting the pool view. We stayed on the A side which was the bigger room. It didn't seem like they did a very good job cleaning before we came. There was a used bandaid next to the tub which was pretty gross. The room sleeps 4 but we were only provided with 2 washcloths and one box of laundry detergent. When we requested more washcloths, they came right away with them. About 3 days into our stay, we opened up the extra toilet paper that was provided. It was obviously wet at one point and had grown some mold on it. This was the last straw. I went to the front desk to complain about the problems we were having and they once again blew it off like it was no big deal. I think they are trained to do that!
One good thing about this resort is that it was very close to Disney (about 5 minutes).
There were not many ammenities available at the resort except for the pool and hot tub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway