My husband and I just returned from a 4D/3N stay at the Vacation Village at Parkway. We booked this through RCI as an exchange.
We arrived early on Friday. Our room was ready (B side, only room available at booking time) but if we wanted to wait until 4pm (regular check-in) then we could upgrade to the larger A side.
I'm so glad we did!
We were in building 11, 3rd floor, corner room right next to the stairs...very convienent location! The room was immaculate and well cared for. The full size kitchen was fully stocked and looked brand new. There was a jacuzzi tub inbetween the bedroom (king bed) and bathroom (2 sink, stand-up shower). There was access to the bathroom from the kitchen and master bedroom.
There were plenty of towels and linen and extra pillows.
The living room couch was not that comfortable, but not terrible either. It pulled out to a bed. There was a balcony that over looked the pool. Access to the balcony from the master bedroom and living room.
The pool closes at 11pm, so the noise could be a problem for some, but we didn't seem to notice. The pool area was very clean and there were lots of chairs and some tables.
There is a fitness room with 2 elliptical machines, 3 treadmills, and 2 weight stations that were in some need of repair. A computer room with 6-7 computers with capability to print was also available. Wi- Fi was available at the check-in building, but not in the resort rooms.
One thing that was weird was that the electricity went out every day at about 8am for several minutes. I forgot to ask at check out why this happened.
Check-in and check-out was easy, resort staff were very friendly and always saying hello.
Please be aware that this is a timeshare resort. If you are not interested in purchasing a timeshare, do not take their offer for a "free breakfast" or respond to the phone messages or flyers left under the door. We knew ahead of time what to expect and just avoided the sales tactics.
The resort is a 5 minute drive from Disney World property and 20 minutes from Universal Studios. A Walgreens, CVS, and Publix were only a few minutes drive away. The main road has lots of restaurants.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 2,672 guest rooms are surrounded by seven pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway