We just returned home from a week stay at this resort. Our stay was from October 5th until October 12th. I will try to make this brief as possible. I had read several negative reviews on this resort after we booked but since it was the only available resort when we booked through an RCI exchange we took it. I am wondering if the negative reviews were staying at the same place.
We were to stay in a one bedroom on the A side but since our in-laws were going to meet us there we ask for an upgrade and were give the two bedroom which is both the A and B side of the room. These room were outstanding. We were on the 5th floor and had a great view. Everything you needed was in the room for your stay. Of course you had to bring any spices etc if you planned to cook in the room. Both side had a washer dryer to use. The staff was overly polite. We had a problem one day with the electronic keyed entry not working and the staff was there in minutes getting us into the room and had it fixed in no time.
This location is only minutes from Disney, Sea World and Universal. Since we visited all the parks this was great for us. At the most we had to drive 15 minutes to the furtherest one.
The only down side to the trip was the free breakfast so we received discount tickets to the Arabian Nights dinner show which is located on property. We were told we would have to fill out a short survey of the property which would only take 15 minutes. Well it was three hours of a high pressure sales pitch for a time share. They finally take no for an answer after three closers. That was the only time share presentation we were asked to attend. Oh, the show is excellent so you might want to listen to them to save $50.00 person for the show.
Over all this resort is a beautiful, well maintained, friendly place to stay. I would go back in a heartbeat should we again go to Florida for a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation Village at Parkway offers the best of Florida in one great location. Minutes from Orlando's theme parks like Disney's Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Sea World, the resort offers lovely spacious accommodations. Perfect for couples and families alike the 1,968 guest rooms are surrounded by six pools, along with hot tubs, barbecue grills, and a children's playground. All within short driving distance you can explore historic St. Augustine, Kennedy Space Center, Busch Gardens, and Silver Springs. Or you may find you'll never want to leave the resort after seeing the fully staffed activities center with weekly planned activities that enhance our guest's vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Vacation Village at Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Village At Parkway Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Village Orlando
- Vacation Village Parkway Orlando
- Village Parkway
- Vacation Village Parkway Florida
- Vacation Villas Parkway