“Great Apartments”

Hapimag Resort Orlando
Glasgow
“Great Apartments”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our family went here in march and had the best time ever.. We had a 3 bedroom apartment between 5 of us and the rooms were very spacious. The swimming Pool was a great place to hang out and we met some amazing people which we are still keeping in touch with.. Pretty close to International drive in Florida terms.. We will definately be booking again..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Vicky79Glasgow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Shelton, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I loved my stay there. I went with my sister my mom her boyfriend my brother and his friend. The place was beautiful and very clean. The beds were very comfortable and I had no trouble with the WiFi. Everyone was nice and the place was quiet. The bathroom was very clean and water pressure was excellent. It was a very short walk to the pool. Behind the pool under the little house was a foosball table. The pool was very big and warm. It is near a lot of amusement parks such as Universal and Wet n wild. The grounds were very nice. They had a beautiful lake. I went fishing and caught a good deal of fish (I threw them back in the water). The playground was very nice. All in all my trip was amazing and I would reccomend this very much to other people. When I come to Florida again I am defiantly staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Leann431
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Absolutely brilliant, we could not have wished for better. A fully equipped house, for 2 people (no under occupancy fee) clean, good hard bed, pool on site, free parking, secure gated community, free WiFi, quiet location but close to all the main attractions what more can you ask for.

Will defiantly stay here again on our next trip to Florida, just can't believe the value for money. Ten nights accommodation was actually cheaper than our car rental!

PLEASE DO NOT be put off or worried by reviews mentioning time shares sales this is not how they operate at the Florida site due to regulations. Just go enjoy the welcome meeting. It's very friendly and they are full of good ideas of alternatives to do other than the theme parks plus, or just sit and reallax by or in the pool open to residents 24hr.

I will be recommending this place to all my friend and family. I can't rate it highly enough the staff are fantastic and nothing is to much trouble.

Thank you to everyone at Hapimag. Hope you see you again soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank F H
Scotland, UK
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights at the start of our Florida trip and a couple of days at the end. I had high hopes of the resort, based on previous reviews, and I wasn't disappointed!

We had a 2 bedroom townhouse on both occasions, though a different one for our return visit. Both were pretty much identical, and look exactly like the photos on the website. The kitchen has most of the equipment you would need to cook, though we chose to eat out most evenings. There are lots of lots of restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive.

We went in one of the two pools every day, though much preferred the main one nearer the townhouses as it was bigger and had lots of fun things like noodle floats and a few kids water toys. The playground was a lovely extra for our 2 year old and was the reason I chose Hapimag over a suite hotel. As it is fully covered, it can be used in all weather and the slides didn't get too hot to use!

The resort is small and slightly away from the main areas, but only by 5 minutes or so. The entrance is gated and manned by security officers 24/7. This, combined with the 9pm - 9am quiet rules, made for a very peaceful stay. I love to sit outside in the balmy evenings, and I could do so on the patio or balcony. Our first townhouse (number 1027) was in a row of 5 or 6 that backed onto the edge of the complex and therefore was not directly backing onto other townhouses in the resort and felt more private, though there were other houses on the other side of the fence which did not directly look into our house.

I would thoroughly recommend this resort for both families and couples - we paid a rate of around $90 a night (plus tax) which is excellent value for the space and comfort!

Room Tip: Townhouse 1027 and others in the same block are quieter as they do not back onto other houses in the...
1 Thank LMC_77
Brentwood,Essex
Reviewed April 23, 2012

An excellent stay.

Stayed in a Hapimag townhouse at Easter (12 days).

We are Hapimag members , and the standards here are probably even better than the usual standards at other resorts. Lots of room to spread out, and and safe, clean and welcoming resort.
The location was excellent for Disney parks as it is on the right side of Kissimee to get there easily. It was also quite good for Universal via the I 4.
My wife also loved the nearby Buena Vista Outlet shopping. Although not as big as some of the other outlet parks, it was much less crowded, and as a result the prices seemed lower. Of course with fewer shops there is less choice of brands, so she had to visit all of the other shopping malls too.
Although these townhouses don't have their own pool , they do have a great shared pool, and you can also use the pool and hot tub at the main Lake Berkeley resort too, it's only about 50 metres away.
Our children prefer a shared pool so they have others to play with, and they met some new friends here. The Hapimag pool is very warm (bath like temperatures), whilst the main Berkeley pool is much cooler and more refreshing. Just depends which you prefer.

Overall we had a great stay.

Room Tip: Houses furthest from the pool are quietest. We were in 1008 which was ideal.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My initial review was written the first night we stayed at Hapimag. It said: "We arrived this afternoon and were told that the resort's computer system screwed up our reservation and listed us for July rather than April. They offered us the "model" unit, so that was nice, at least. But then we discovered that there is no WiFi in our unit; we were told that it hadn't been wired for WiFi and that we should just walk toward the rental office until we pick up a signal. With two teenagers, no WiFi is a problem. And the A/C apparently doesn't work well; despite running continuously since we got here 6 hours ago, it's hotter than hell upstairs in the bedrooms."

The A/C was fixed the next day. But the lack of WiFi remained an issue the entire time we were there; the only place we found with a strong signal was inside the Clubhouse, not the rental office as I was told. And the Clubhouse wasn't open 24/7, so by the time we returned from the theme parks, the girls were out of luck. For teenagers, that's a BIG issue! And WiFi in the unit had been one of the major selling points for me when I booked.

Before we left, the management did give us a certificate for two nights' stay, to be used on a future visit within the next year, so I know they read my original review. In general, I think Hapimag is a good place to stay for a family, but I would suggest that anyone booked there make sure to reconfirm before you leave home!

Roanoke
Reviewed April 11, 2012

First let me point out the plus's... it is close to Wal-mart, it's safe as it's a gated community. The Kitchen is well stocked on dishes, glasses, pots and pans. 1/2 bath and a full size washer dryer was nice. 2 full baths upstairs in our two bedroom unit.
The A/C is rigged, you can not turn it down past where they want you too,So I had to buy a fan to try and cool our bedroom and to push air around down stairs( which is where the one and only thermostat is the flooring in our unit was saggy upstairs, the master bath tub had bad settling issues as it "gave" if you stepped in certain area's. Ceiling Fans.. needed more and they need to be adjustable. Pool area was ok.. nothing special.
Speaking of gated community... IT"S A HASSLE trying to get in for the first time. Security checks over your car . I understand it's for safety... but there is only one line.. so if you are just trying to get back in.. you have to WAIT 20 minutes while they get you processed... then you have to go to the office to finish checking in.
I have no desire to go back here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank kykatt
Hapimag-Orlando, Manager at Hapimag Resort Orlando, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
We want to thank you for staying with us last July and just wanted to let you know that we agree with the hassle of the main gate.
We do have great news though, since your stay last year we did get a new gate that has now two doors as well as two lanes! One for new guests and a separate lane for guests that have already registered. Those guest now have a remote control so there is no more waiting for the guard !