“OK but not so great”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Sweetwater Club Villas and Apartments
Ranked #52 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Everything was ok about this rental besides the fact that for 4 days out of our week stay on our honeymoon here the lock to get into our place didn't work and took several and i do mean several trys for 4 days each time we wanted to get in or leave our rental the motor in the lock was going out and since they don't use keys and only use codes for the doors it took several trys getting the door to unlock or lock. Besides that it was ok not too happy with how long it took to get this problem fix since we made them aware of the issue from the minute we tried to get into the place. The place was fairly clean but I don't think the floor had been cleaned in a month since i had found the last cleaning report.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adenham84

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Over Veteran's Day weekend, I went on a trip to Orlando, Florida with my girlfriend, her brother and his girlfriend, and two of my friends from college. We are all ages 22-26. We stayed in a Sundance/TAN Property in Kissimmee called the Sweetwater Club. The 3 bedroom condo was spectacular. Nice rooms, large showers with great water pressure, a very large living room and more than enough living space for the 6 of us. The lodging for this vacation was far cheaper and with the kitchen and laundry machine, far better than anything else I could've hoped for. All 6 of us were extremely pleased and are excited to come back to the Sweetwater Club in the future! The location is right off a major road so it's easy access to stores, restaurants, and major highways, yet it is tucked back behind a treeline so you don't see any of the busy highways from your condo. The pool was nice and the fitness center was fantastic as far as cardio equipment goes. My only regret was that we could only stay for 3.5 of the 7 days we had rented the condo because the Army only gave us a 4 day pass. Our unit (2492- #71), was a great value. I'd recommend this place for families or groups of friends traveling/vacationing together. We booked through Sundance Vacations and got a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sean H
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was a great place to stay and perfect for what we needed. We bicycle everywhere and found this to be a great location. The area is bike friendly and we had access to anything we needed and wanted to do. Food, restaurants, minature golf and evn to Lake Toho. We were treated great while we there. The living room was nice and big so we could bring in our bikes during the night. The kitchen was nice and nicely furnished. Washer & dryer was awesome. The pool & hottub were very nice and we used them everyday.The have a great rec center next to the pool with a big screen t.v. and excercise room. They have ponds behind the condos and we enjoyed watching the birds while we were there. Two families of sandhill cranes visited the pond while we were there. Thatt was a great bonus seeing them!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wolfgirl A
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at unit 6 Sept 2013 condo was 3 beds 2 bath and was clean and basic.The kitchen area had microwave,stove,dishwasher ect.The bedrooms were large and beds comfy with the main bedroom having on suite with shower.Liveing area was large with tv and cable channels and a dinning table with six chairs.Also washer and dryer in the condo.The clubhouse is just across the road with free coffee (mornings) the pool area is nice with a hot tub.All the staff and people we met were friendly and helpful.Only 15 min drive to Disney and 2 min to resturants ect.We had a really nice time at sweetwater and would return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hayes37
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My family and I came down for a family reunion last year. I had spent about 2-3 months searching for somewhere for the 6 of us to stay. Initally we were going to stay in a hotel. Then i found this place. It was awesome!! It was very clean and quiet. We got lost trying to find the main office. (it was dark) There was a pond behind us. My children loved it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Tanisha S
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We made the decision to make a last-minute trip to the Orlando/Kissimmee area for spring break. Because we are planning a cruise in July, we agreed that instead of renting one of the larger homes, we would try to rent two Sweetwater condos for a fraction of the cost of one of those homes. (Spring break in this area is considered peak season. The total for a five night's stay for two Sweetwater units was about $850 -- an attractive price during peak season). In addition, I had rented one of the units once before for some members of our extended party, and it had been a satisfactory experience. I contacted the owner of the unit that I had previously leased and asked if he could locate a second unit to house the rest of our party. He said he could. That, however, turned out to be a mistake. At first glance, the second unit -- 85 -- seemed comfortable enough. It is situated on a pond and is on the first floor. The air conditioner in Unit 85, however, was broken. The temperature hovered between 79 and 82 degrees for four of the five nights of our stay. The property manager was of little help. He twice came out only to say he would need to send someone else to look at the unit. That person came out and for one evening the air seemed to work. I cannot tell you how miserable it was being unable to sleep or just move about without sweating and having to fan yourself. After my husband called to complain, the property manager said the unit needed to be replaced. My thoughts are why rent a place if you knew this was a problem? We wanted to share our frustration with the owner but the property manager pretended to be unable to contact that person. I am all for economy and being thrifty, but in this case, we got what we paid for. I really came close to moving my family to a hotel. Even the cleaning crew who arrived on the day of check-out expressed their horror at the temperature inside the condo. The problem is that not all of the owners take pride in their units, and that makes it bad for the owners who do. I will never return to Sweetwater Club.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank lovesfinethings
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Like stated by another person all of these condo's are owned individually. We rented through Magical Memories and stayed in sweet water 97, a 3 bedroom 2 bath condo. It was very clean, not extravegant at all, but exactly what we needed for our family of 5. The master bedroom had a queen bed, large walk in closet, walk out patio with table and chairs that overlooks a pond, and a bathroom with a large walk in shower. One guest room has a queen bed with a large walk in closet, and the other has a two twin beds with a large closet. There was also a pull out sofa bed, but we didn't pull it out at all. The living room is very large, there is a dining table that seats 6, and a breakfast bar that seats 4. The kitchen was roomy enough for us, had a dishwasher, and was stocked with basic dishes and utensils needed for cooking, and we made almost all of our meals in our condo. The pool is heated and is in good condition, as is the hot tub. It is updated from some of the photos that I saw on here, as is the clubhouse. All of the condo's had fresh paint. This complex was very quiet, and had a lot of retirees that stay there in the winter months. I was worried that my 4 year old would bother them when they were swimming, but everyone was so nice and she ended up making a lot of older friends in the week that we stayed. The condo's are located in an ideal area as well, there are tons of stores around if you need to pick up anything. The company we rented through gave us a "starter pack" which included a little dish soap, dish washing detergent, laundry detergent, bars of hand soap, a trash bag,and 2 rolls of toilet paper. We just headed down the street to the dollar tree and picked up the extra stuff we needed for the remander of the trip. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Michelle R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Seasons Florida Resort
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#21 of 154 in Kissimmee
Baymont Inn and Suites Kissimmee

Been to Sweetwater Club Villas and Apartments? Share your experiences!