“Stayed for lacrosse tournament-recommended by National Lax Classic for Pride of Florida”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #1 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I picked this hotel for a large lacrosse tournament that was about 30 minutes away. My review is long, however if you are traveling for a few days I'm sure you'd like to stay somewhere comfortable and safe.

I wish I could give this hotel a full 5 stars honestly.. I would say it is more of a 4.5, but I didn't want to cut the rating. I don't need to add pictures of the hotel it's self since there are so many posted. I will post a couple of pictures of their food, which trust me it was to die for!

For the overall hotel. The room was very clean.
-The front sitting area has a pullout couch, comfy chair, table with 2 chairs, tv and what you could consider a dresser.. If you we're not wanting to live out of your suitcase.
-You then have a bar, with sink, microwave and fridge hidden behind the cabinets. There is also a closet just opposite of the bar with plenty of hang up space.
-The bathroom was very spacious.. My only pet peeve with the bathroom was there wasn't an exhaust fan. The bathroom stayed steamed up for a while after showering..however I'm sure I'm not the only one that flips the fan on when you head into a bathroom when you don't want to sit in complete silence. I found I wasn't the only one going in and turning the sink on just to have a background noise..lol.
-The bedroom was great as far as space, a second closet, tv (same size as front room), dresser, and another sink wet bar, the beds were very comfortable as were the pillows.. You also were able to have the room dark even at 9am.

NOW for my ONLY complaint.. The front room seemed fine as far as sound proof.. However where you would need it the most, it seemed to be lacking. It would be a very easy fix for this hotel, as well as any hotel that has this set up. There is nothing I hate more than hearing what is going on in the room next door. Thankfully, the only think my daughter and I could hear was snoring. My daughter in the bed that obviously didn't back up to my snoring buddy was able to fall asleep. For me it did take a while.. Maybe it was the best nights sleep my neighbor had in some time..but it drove me crazy. I guess if you normally wear ear plugs while traveling it wouldn't bother you..but I did get some vibration on the wall as well.

The staff for the most part was great. The staff at check in..fabulous. My daughter and I had a banquet to attend a few hours after arrival and poor planning on my part (my daughter's 16th birthday) I forgot to get a cake for her. I asked if anything could be done.. They said they normally require 24 hr notice for arrangements, and asked when we would be returning for the evening.. I told them.. And then asked if something could be done for the following day. After our banquet at a different resort (where the food was not very good) we were starving and hoped that we could make it back in time for room service (which I didn't even know if they had at that time).. When we arrived in our room, right in the front room on the table was a birthday cake that the chef made in their restaurant.

When we ordered room service, it was 10:45pm (fifteen minutes before it was to end).. My daughter ordered the steak quesadilla, which they asked how she wanted her meat cooked.. I had the steak tips and ordered a bottle of wine. Their prices were not crazy.. Their food was insanely awesome!! The quesadilla was not greasy, was packed with meat and cheese (since my daughter did not want the grilled onions or pico de gallo). It came with a side of sour cream and guacamole. The beef tips cooked to order had a fabulous sauce that had mushrooms on top of a rice pilaf.. On top of the meat vegetables sliced Julian style topped with 2 of the best onion rings I had ever had. Granted I could've been super hungry, causing my to think this was so incredible.. Except my daughter insisted we have room service for dinner the following night..which we ordered the same thing and it was just as fabulous as the night before. As for the cake.. I could tell it was just baked as soon as I sliced into it. My daughter received the first slice so naturally the first bite.. She made some weird noise and then said "this is by far the best cake I have ever had!" It was chocolate upon chocolate and fabulous if you're into sinfully awesome sweetness.

I will be posting this same review on other travel pages.. So if you read it somewhere else don't be surprised. I had to do a review for this hotel and staff that went above and beyond in their hospitality service to make our weekend a great one.

Oh the only staff member that seemed to not be such a peach, causing me to say the staff was great for the most part.. It was the hostess at the restaurant who was less than pleased to seat my visiting friends, daughter and myself 15 minutes prior to the official "noted opening time" granted I know that sounds stuck up of me.. However the gentleman at the front desk when I requested an additional hr on my check out..and after he gave me a 20% off coupon for lunch.. Told me the restaurant did open at 11. I gave the extra 15 minutes so we weren't completely rushing in at what I thought was the opening time. When I had to walk up to the hostess and ask if we could just be sat (since we were on a tight schedule due to lacrosse start times at the tournament) I wanted to already have the choices made for meals when they were ready to take our order. The hostess said she would have to check with the server and kitchen to see if we could have lunch at that time.. The hostess returned, and said they were 70% ready and went to start closing the sliding doors..I told her that's fine, we can just sit and wait if she'd go ahead and seat us. Evidentially she rolled her eyes, which my daughter asked me in a somewhat loud voice "did you see her roll her eyes at you?" I then stated (as I am a smart@ss that jokes most of the time) "Does it look like I care that she did?"..

I am giving my complete review even regarding what I said, as I had worked in the restaurant business as well as other customer service related jobs in the past.. Are the customers always right?? In all honesty, no.. But that doesn't mean you can't try and be accommodating.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicole H

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Fantastic location - convenient for the airport, Disney (15 minutes), restaurants, supermarkets, outlet shopping and for traveling further afield. Fast, very friendly and efficient check-in. There was a relaxed ambience from the moment we arrived (beautiful smell and sound of rushing waterfall reminded me of a spa resort :-). The decor is tasteful and to a very good standard… common areas and rooms are very well maintained. For such a large and spacious hotel it didn't lack atmosphere as the internal space was divided cleverly. Beautiful swimming pool and spa - generally quiet - particularly in the evening - towels supplied which was really convenient. The buffet breakfast was excellent - loved the omelets and oatmeal… would have liked to see more wholemeal breads and less sugary cereal but that's a personal preference. Our suite was large, spotlessly clean with separate living and bedroom space. Super silent, large fridge and microwave made dining in-doors very viable (although the in-house restaurant seemed very reasonable). We used the washing machine too which was such a bonus (one per floor - just $2 per load). Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor. You could have heard a pin drop it was so quiet. Air-conditioning was h...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paperface
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed 5 nights in early May with family, and we were very pleased with our stay! The Hotel is very nice with a very nice hotel staff. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The beds were comfortable, even the pull out sofa bed. The hotel was in a nice area and felt safe. The pool area was nice, however, the hot tub could of been bigger. The breakfast every morning was excellent! They offered a variety of foods, omeletes made to order, french toast, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, muffins, and a variety of drinks. We loved it! They offered an evening reception, drinks, chips, salsa, and cut veggies. Nothing compared with the breakfast, but it was decent.The room's had a refrigerator and a microwave in them. All of this helps a family on a budget save money on food. Disney World was not far away, about a 10 min drive. There were a lot of eateries around and a Publix right across the street. Overall it was a wonderful hotel and our family will be staying here again on our next vacation!

1  Thank CMary917
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel property is beautiful. The staff is helpful, warm and friendly. They made me and my family feel like they were truly happy we were at their hotel. The guy Marc behind the desk, who we saw everyday, was wonderful to us. He was informative, friendly, seemed very concerned that all of our needs were met and always had a smile on his face. What a pleasant person he is. I highly recommend this place to anyone. The only negative I would say is the shuttle (to take you to the mall or parks) only runs a limited amount of times during the day. I think this should be expanded. I ended up calling a cab service to take me to the mall on Vineland. Besides the shuttle issue I have, the staff, rooms, breakfast and happy hour make Embassy Suites one of the best places to stay!

Denise

1  Thank Denise P
Reviewed June 3, 2013

it was a crazy busy weekend with tons of kids and tired parents - but this hotel knows how to handle the crowds!!! free drinks at 5:30pm and fantastic free breakfast. the front desk staff goes WAY beyond good customer service, they were all friendly and actually bubbly!!! will come back for sure!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed for six nights in early May 2013. Our experience at the Embassy Suites was very positive, just a couple of small things to mention later. Checking in was pretty quick, and we were given the high floor non-smoking king room we requested. The guy checking us in didn't know what to do with my Hilton Honors card, but only took a minute to find out in the back office. When I asked about the hotel's WiFi we were told it was usually $9.99 a day, then given a complimentary code for free WiFi during our stay. This set the standard for staff throughout our stay, we never met any less than friendly and helpful.
The standard King suite we had (703) was close to the lifts, but we experienced minimal noise during our stay. The bedroom was on the outside of the building and accessed through the living room, so isolated from the corridor. The bed was big and comfortable, and furniture throughout the suite was new and in great condition. Bathroom was much the same as every other bathroom we have seen in American hotels. We found the rooms great for a couple, I could even connect my laptop to either of the TV's to watch a film without paying hotel prices.
The included breakfast offered a decent start to the day, with enough fruit, cakes and cooked variety to keep us happy for the five mornings we ate in the hotel. The lively staff at the omelette bar were a highlight at breakfast, making delicious omelette's to order. We didn't eat in the hotel's restaurant but it seemed quiet whenever we walked past.
For location the hotel is well situated to drive to any of Orlando's attractions, heading north up the 353 to Interstate 4 was a quick way of getting to Seaworld or the Universal parks, and west on the 192 got us into the Disney area in a few minutes. There are many restaurant chains within a five minute drive, and a 7eleven and Publix supermarket just across the road and easily accessible on foot.
We saw several maintenance staff during our stay, painting walls around the pool area or testing alarm sounders. This surprised me for such a new hotel, but it seems the management are determined to keep the hotel in top condition.
The minor negatives: the fire alarms went off twenty minutes after we went to sleep on our first night at around 10:30pm. We dragged out jet-lagged bodies down seven flights of stairs, out the side exit and around to the front of the hotel but saw no staff come out of the hotel to explain what was going on. Many guests were standing in the reception area, so the alarm appeared to be a false one. Once the Fire services had been and gone we followed the other guests back inside, but still no explanation of what had happened.
The biggest problem we had was the quality of the hotel's WiFi, which every evening and some mornings was unusably slow. I can't complain too much as I didn't pay for it, but every Hilton property I have used charges for poor WiFi when smaller hotels we stay in offer a free service that is usually a lot faster. At least car parking was free.
The Embassy Suites appears aimed at business travellers with its conference center and 5$ bottles of Norwegian water in the rooms, but during our stay the guests all appeared to be on vacation. From the 25% full car park I would also guess the hotel was not very busy. The price we paid as part of a flight/car/hotel package was lower than other comparable nearby hotels, which I suspect is due to the hotel only being open a few months.
My Wife and I would happily return to the Embassy Suites on our next visit to Orlando, even through we normally like to try new hotels. Top marks for making us feel so relaxed and welcome.

Room Tip: Standard king suites are a good size for two people.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paulhuntterry
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and were blown away by everything. Best bartender in any of Embassies we have stayed. Also the breakfast was servered 1-2 hrs longer because of sellout in hotel. All the staff were friendly & helpful

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank SEQUINLADYTENNESSEE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Comfort Suites Maingate East
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
Villas of Grand Cypress
Villas of Grand Cypress
#1 of 340 in Orlando
Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!