“It's all in the planning and execution”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Ranked #1 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando
“It's all in the planning and execution”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the embassy suites lake buena vista south in Kissimmee Florida this week. This is a brand new hotel only open since September 2012, it is absolutely a beautifully designed and decorated property with everything you could possibly want or need in a hotel.
Function rooms, meeting rooms, game room for the kids, super large eating area for the complimentary cooked breakfast and managers reception at night. Oasis lounge, kings grille restaurant, gift shop etc. etc.

The suites are very comfortable plenty of space, plenty of drawer space for your belongings
Two closets, plenty of lighting, comfortable sofa, desk with office chair and two other regular chairs.

Very clean obviously the fact that its is brand new helps. Housekeeping staff very accommodating
And friendly. Front desk personal very pleasant and helpful, all the employees that I passed in walking around the hotel always had a smile and pleasant acknowledgement .

Because of my work I stay in hotels at least 168 nights a year so I can spot a well organized and managed hotel, and I would have to rate this hotel on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best, this is a 10+.

On another note
I find that when I go out to eat dinner that 7 out of 10 times because I am a single guest that the server will have a slight attitude and the service will not be what it should be. But I had dinner in the kyngs grille this evening and the service was outstanding the waitress made me feel welcome and gave me the feeling that she really was enjoying serving me, it was a pleasure, and yes the food was good.

Hotel is reasonably priced.
Like I said in the title well planned and executed

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RichardAOrlando
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
RichardAOrlando,

Thank you for your very kind words. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. I will share this review with our staff because we aim to have every guest feel the same way that you do about our service. Thanks again for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
Barbados
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed here recently for 1 week. The suites are spacious. The beds are comfortable. Bath rooms are good. All the equipment in working order. I know people go crazy over their breakfast. Only for a day for me. I got sick of eating that breakfast. It is a very unhealthy and tasteless way of starting some one's day. Eggs daily? You must be kidding. I can hear the coronaries screeching. Fruits are good and fresh. Coffee smells great. Waiters are very friendly and helpful. Room service is impeccable.Would I return to this hotel again? Not really. Why? Nothing wrong here. But I had enough of Orlando. Most artificial place in the world in my opinion. I have decided not to return to MCO. My plans for Vegas are also tossed out due to my extreme dislike for neon and noise, thanks to the overdose at Universal. But wait. Let us be not unfair to Embassy suites. They are a great bunch and I wish them all success. If at all I return in the next 10 years, may be I will remember to book here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are good. Breakfast lines mainly for the omlett. Avoid that and you can...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Metaphysis
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Metaphysis,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that your week-long stay with us was very positive despite your feelings towards Orlando. If you decide to come back to “MCO”, I can assure you that staying with us would result in experiencing the same genuine and sincere service that you received the first time around. We look forward to seeing you again, and hopefully much sooner than in 10 years!

Thanks again for your review and for your well wishes.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 7, 2013

OK - its new....and that helps a lot in creating a good impression, but they have done a great job with this Embassy Suites. It has an appealing and welcoming ambiance topped off by some of the best staff I have encountered anywhere. Every member of staff encountered was friendly and cheerful - from the front desk to the housekeepers and maintenance guy. I genuinely felt welcomed and that no request was too much trouble. The hotel itself is located within easy reach of all the local attractions and a variety of eating and shopping options along 192. Do not be put off by the fact the address is Kissimmee - it is less than 10 minutes to Disney. I had a room by the elevators which could be an issue if you have a light sleeper using the sofabed - I didn't, and the king bed in the bedroom was supremely comfortable. I had a very minor issue with housekeeping not being completely thorough in cleaning the room, and the breakfast area needs better organization so that the line for the egg station doesn't prevent others from accessing many of the hot foods. Overall a fantastic choice for the Orlando area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevators if you will have someone sleeping on the sofabed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank SFC1976
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
SFC1976,

Thank you for your raving review. I am sure that many of our future guests will find your review to be very thorough and helpful. One of the most frequent comments that I receive usually pertain to how beautiful the building is. While it is true that the building is modern and the décor is beautiful, It is fantastic to hear that our staff was some of the best you have ever encountered. That is a testament to our dedication for genuine customer service. We hope you will continue to visit our property for many years to come.
Chagrin Falls
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel conveniently located within easy driving distance to Disney, Universal, Sea World, etc. We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, one of which was New Years Eve. The hotel was very busy but our room was quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Made to order omelets were a great way to start the day. Quick tip: Get to breakfast early. Although the area to eat breakfast is huge, the later you go for breakfast, the longer the line for the omelets. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They were very quick to respond any time we needed anything. If not staying at one of Disney's hotels, this is a very good choice.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank 6Hotellover9
ESLBVSAGM, Assistant General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
6Hotellover9,

Thank you for your recent review and for spending New Years Eve with us. Our suites are spacious and welcoming. Despite being at full capacity during your stay, I am glad you were able to find your suite to be “quiet and comfortable”. Thank you also for commending the staff’s speed and efficiency. We certainly strive to make everything perfect.
Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over New Years, and I am so glad we did. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The breakfast and mangers reception was very lovely, and all the staff were very friendly and helpful. I have stayed at numerous Embassy Suites and this is one the best. The location is also very convenient to Disney! Fabulous stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ecox04
ecox04

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you made some great memories with us during the New Year holiday. Please continue to consider us your hotel of choice for future trips/vacations.
California
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Hotel is brand new with very clean interiors and exteriors. Rooms are spanking new. Beds and pillows extremely comfortable. This is probably the best embassy suites I've ever been to in the last ten years. Breakfast is phenomenal and staff quite friendly. Unfortunately I booked this only for three days of a eight day trip, the remaining day stayed in a rental condo. Had I known about the high quality of this place I'd have stayed here for the entire duration. Stayed during peak vacation period I.e. Christmas weekend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sactrip
Sactrip,

Thank you for your amazing review. It is great to hear that despite your stay being during a time where we were at full capacity, you experienced the best embassy suites you’ve been to in the past 10 years. That certainly speaks volumes about our level of service. We hope you will come back for a longer stay with us.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a king corner suite December 20-24, 2012. The hotel has 10 corner suites or one per floor. Our room was located on the 1st floor directly above the pool. Since it was December, the pool area was quiet. Overall, the room was spacious with a dining table that could sit 8 people. There were 2 closets, 3 sinks (1 in the bedroom, 1 in the bathroom, and 1 at the wet bar). In addition, the room had a fridge, microwave, and safe. The only disappointment for me was the room is located in front of a elevator, which could be noisy in the summer and the bedroom window was located directly on a patio area so I had to keep the curtains closed for privacy. This will not be a problem for rooms on floors 2-10.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Picky_traveler55197
Picky_traveler55197,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Magic Moment Resort and Kids Club
#1 of 338 in Orlando
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista South? Share your experiences!